Shark Attack (film)
|Shark Attack (film)|
|Written by||Scott Devine
|Directed by||Bob Misiorowski|
|Starring||Casper Van Dien
|Running time||95 minutes|
|Distributor||Martien Holdings A.V.V.|
|Followed by||Shark Attack 2|
Steven McKray (Casper Van Dien), a marine biologist, travels to a small African fishing village to investigate a series of violent shark attacks, only to discover that sharks are not the only problem.
The movie features very few on-screen shark attacks. However, an attack on a tourist dangling her leg in the water is very realistic and in line with documented shark attacks. Instead of the shark taking off her whole leg, it takes out a large chunk of flesh, which later required surgical amputation.
- Casper Van Dien as Steven McKray
- Ernie Hudson as Lawrence Rhodes
- Jenny McShane as Corinne Desantis
- Cordell McQueen as Marc Desantis
- Bentley Mitchum as Dr. Miles Craven
- John Barrowman as Ben Carpenter
- Chris Olley
- Jacob Makgoba
- Paul Ditchfield
The film was panned by the critics and is now considered to be one of the worst shark movies of all time. Rotten Tomatoes gave the film a cumulative score of 0%.
Three direct-to-video sequels followed Shark Attack. Shark Attack 2 was released in 2001, Shark Attack 3: Megalodon was released in 2002, and Shark Zone released in 2004. Shark Attack 2 briefly mentions the events of the first film while Shark Attack 3: Megalodon ignores the first two movies entirely.
- Query's Corner Feature Review
- Black Horror Movies: Shark Attack feature
- Qwipster's: review by Vince Leo
- Shark Attack at the Internet Movie Database
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|