|Look up shitstorm in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Shitstorm is a vulgar dysphemism for a chaotic and unpleasant situation. The term may specifically refer to:
- Shitstorm, a band on the Robotic Empire record label
- "Shitstorm," a song by Murder Squad from their 2003 album Ravenous, Murderous
- "Shitstorm," a song by the band Casey Jones from their 2006 album The Messenger
- "Shitstorm," a song by Strapping Young Lad from their 2005 album Alien
- "Shitstorm," a reference to getting into deep trouble by Mr. Lahey in Trailer Park Boys
The term has come into inflationary use by German-speaking media since 2010 to describe any clamour of outrage on the Internet, especially by posting and writing in social media. It was voted Anglicism of the year 2011 by a jury in Germany. It was voted Word of the Year in Switzerland 2012. The opposite of a shitstorm is a candystorm.
- Anglizismus des Jahres 2011
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.