Simon Kernick (born 25 January 1966 in Slough, Berkshire) is a British thriller/crime writer now living in Oxfordshire with his two daughters Amy and Rachel. Kernick attended Gillotts School, a comprehensive in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. Whilst he was a student his jobs included fruit-picker and Christmas-tree uprooter. He graduated from Brighton Polytechnic in 1991 with a degree in humanities.
Kernick had a passion for crime fiction writing from a young age and produced many short stories during his time at polytechnic. After graduating Kernick joined MMT Computing in London in early 1992, where a relative was the Chairman and Managing Director. He left the company after four years in the hope of trying to secure a publishing deal. Despite interest from a number of publishers Kernick was unable to secure a deal, so he joined the sales force of the specialist IT and Business Consultancy Metaskil plc in Aldermaston, Berkshire in 1998 where he remained until he secured his first book deal The Business of Dying in September 2001.
- The Business of Dying (Dennis Milne 1) (2002) — (Bantam, ISBN 0-593-04978-0)
- The Murder Exchange (2003) — (Bantam, ISBN 0-593-04979-9)
- The Crime Trade (Tina Boyd 1) (2004) — (Bantam, ISBN 0-593-05135-1)
- A Good Day To Die (Dennis Milne 2) (2005) — (Bantam, ISBN 0-593-05146-7)
- Relentless (Tina Boyd 2) (2006) — (Bantam, ISBN 0-593-05471-7)
- Severed (2007) — (Bantam, ISBN 0-593-05473-3)
- Deadline (Tina Boyd 3) (2008)
- Target (Tina Boyd 4) (2009)
- The Last 10 Seconds (Tina Boyd 5) (2010)
- The Payback (Dennis Milne 3) (2011)
- Siege (Scope 1) (2012)
- Wrong Time, Wrong Place (2013, February)
- Ultimatum (Tina Boyd 6) (2013, June)
- Stay Alive (2014)
- Simon Kernick
- "Explore". Channel 4. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "authonomy writing community - Helping writers get published". Bookarmy.com. Retrieved 2012-02-25.