|Born||1932 (age 81–82)
Montecatini Terme, Italy
He was awarded the Impresario dell’Anno (Entrepreneur of the Year) award at Affreschi Toscani. Maccioni is known for Le Cirque, his award-winning flagship French restaurant and other ventures in New York, Las Vegas, the Dominican Republic, New Delhi and Abu Dhabi, which are run with his wife Egidiana “Egi” and sons Mario, Marco and Mauro.
In June 2004 Maccioni published his [biography], Sirio: The Story of My Life and Le Cirque with Bloomberg L.P.'s restaurant critic Peter Elliot. On television, he has been featured as a guest judge on Top Chef, the 48th Annual Miss Universe Pageant and as himself in Charlie Rose, Behind Closed Doors and Eat This New York. Maccioni and his family were also featured in a behind-the-scenes documentary film Le Cirque: A Table in Heaven, which details Le Cirque’s 2006 move from the Palace Hotel to the Bloomberg building on East 58th St. Maccioni and several recipes from his restaurants are featured in Egidiana Maccioni’s The Maccioni Family Cookbook. In 2012, Sirio Maccioni authored A Table at Le Cirque with Pamela Fiori published by Rizzoli.
- Le Cirque first opened at the Mayfair Hotel in 1974. It closed and reopened as Le Cirque 2000 at the Palace Hotel in 1997. The latest installation opened in 2006 in the Bloomberg Tower building at One Beacon Court (151 East 58th Street).
- Le Cirque at Bellagio Hotel
- Le Cirque New Delhi (The Leela, New Delhi)
- Cirque Cafe (58th St./Third Ave.)
- The Beach Club by Le Cirque (Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic)
- Circo New York (120 West 55th street, between Sixth & Seventh Aves.)
- Circo Las Vegas at the Bellagio (hotel and casino)
- Circo Abu Dhabi
- Sirio Ristorante (The Aria Resort and Casino)
- Ristorante at The Pierre Hotel
- Impresario dell’ Anno (Entrepreneur of the Year) award at Affreschi Toscani Tuscany.
- 1995 - Sirio Maccioni deemed a “Living Landmark” by the New York Landmarks Conservancy,
- 2000: Joe Baum Lifetime Achievement Award from The Food Allergy Initiative.
- 2002- Father of the Year, National Father’s Day Committee
- 2003- Fine Dining Legend Winner Nation's Restaurant News
- 2007: Michelin Guide One-Star for Le Cirque in Las Vegas.
- 2012: Sirio Maccioni honored at Palm Beach Food & Wine Festival. http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/lifestyles/food-cooking/the-legend-of-le-cirque-alums-to-honor-sirio-macci/nTHyB/
- 2013: Sirio Maccioni awarded First "Euro Toques Italia International Award" by Eurotoques Italy association in Montecatini Terme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_buHXouYZc
- 2013: Sirio Maccioni and Family inducted into Esquire Magazine's 2013 Restaurant "Hall of Fame" http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/maccioni-family-1113
- 2013: Sirio Maccioni to receive "Pioneer Award" by The Best of Silver State Awards in the state of Nevada.
- 2014: James Beard Foundation Award, Lifetime Achievement 
- Bruni, Frank (February 6, 2008). "In Defense of Decadence". The New York Times. Retrieved February 24, 2008.
- "Le Cirque: A Table In Heaven". The New York Times. 2008-12-26.
- "Sirio Maccioni: Chef and Culinary Personality". Nycwineandfoodfestival.com. 2007-09-17. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- Grove, Lloyd. "The World According to Sirio Maccioni". Portfolio.com. Retrieved 2008-10-23.
- The Maccioni Family Cookbook. Egi Maccioni (Author), Peter Kaminsky (Author), Elizabeth Zeschin (Photographer). Publisher: Harry N. Abrams (October 1, 2003) ISBN 1-58479-288-4
- List of Living Landmarks
- Sirio Maccioni Named Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree for 2014
- LaVecchia, Gina (2000-02-01). "Maccioni honored with Joe Baum award". Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- Le Cirque 2000's Maccioni named 2003 Fine Dining Legend Winner