From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up smelt in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Smelt may refer to:
- Smelting, chemical process
- Smelts, a number of small fishes:
- Great Lakes Smelts (North American) in the family Osmeridae and genera Allosmerus (also called whitebait smelt), Hypomesus, Mallotus, Osmerus, Spirinchus and Thaleichthys
- Whitebait Smelts (North American) in the family Osmeridae and genera: Allosmerus, Elongatus, Hypomesus and Mallotus
- Australian smelt in the family Retropinnidae and species retropinna semoni
- New Zealand smelt in the family Retropinnidae and species retropinna retropinna
- Herring smelts in the family Argentinidae
- Deep-sea smelts in the family Bathylagidae
- Silversides in the family Atherinidae
- Smelt-whitings in the family Sillaginidae
- Smelt, past tense and past participle of smell
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.