Smita Agarwal (born 1958) is a poet and professor of English at the University of Allahabad, India. In 1999 she was a writer in residence at the University of Stirling in Scotland, and the University of Kent in England.
Agarwal's doctoral studies were on American poet, novelist and short story writer, Sylvia Plath. Agarwal is an editor and translator for Plath Profiles, the Sylvia Plath online journal, Indiana University, US.
- Wish-granting Words. New Delhi: Ravi Dayal Publisher, 2002 
- Mofussil Notebook. Poems of Small Town India. E-book: Cooperjal Limited, UK, 2011
- Mofussil Notebook. Poems of Small-Town India, Print. With an Introduction and New Poems, Calcutta: Brown Critique/Sampark, 2013.
- Marginalized: Indian Poetry in English, ed. Smita Agarwal, Amsterdam and New York: Rodopi, 2014.
Agarwal's poems have been included in anthologies such as:
- Literature Alive, New Writing from India and Britain, Vol. 2, Summer 1996.
- Verse: Special Feature on Indian poetry, UK & USA, Vol. 17 & 18, 2001.
- Reasons for Belonging. Penguin, 2002.
- Midnight’s Grandchildren. Macedonia: Post Independence Poetry From India, Struga Poetry Press, 2003.
- Confronting Love. Penguin, 2005.
- Fulcrum: Special Issue on Indian Poetry in English, No. 4. US: 2005.
- Sparks, DAV Center for Creative Education. Mumbai: New Panvel, 2008.
- Indian English Women Poets. New Delhi: Creative Books, 2009.
- We Speak in Changing Languages: Indian Women Poets, 1990-2007. New Delhi: Sahitya Akademi, 2009.
- The HarperCollins Book of English Poetry, 2012.
- These My Words: The Penguin Book of Indian Poetry, 2012.
- "IU Northwest: Plath Profiles". Iun.edu. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "Smita Agarwal - Folk Music artiste of India". Beatofindia.com. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "Wish-Granting Words/Smita Agarwal". Vedamsbooks.in. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "Mofussil Notebook, Poems Of Small-Town India - Ebook By Smita Agarwal - Published By Ideaindia.Com - Ebooks On Poetry And Poems, Ebooks Poetry, Ebooks On India, Indian Poetry, Poet, These Days, Indian Poets, Poetry Ebooks, English Poetry, Indian Literature, Literature, Ebooks By Indians, Mofussil, Allahabad, India, South Asia, Buy Online, Download, Hsbc, Secure Epayments". Ideaindia.com. 2011-09-25. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- "Of love, longing and failed husbands". Hindustan Times. 2011-09-24. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- date= http://www.amazon.in/Mofussil-Notebook-Contemporary-Indian-Poetry/dp/8192684253/ref=sr_1_7?m=A17L0WC1DOGXRE&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1398093697&sr=1-7 date=. Retrieved 2014-04-21. Missing or empty
- "An ode to our nightingales - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2009-05-10. Retrieved 2012-01-28.