Someone Else Calling You Baby
|"Someone Else Calling You Baby"|
|Single by Luke Bryan|
|from the album Doin' My Thing|
|Released||August 2, 2010|
|Luke Bryan singles chronology|
"Someone Else Calling You Baby" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Luke Bryan. Written by Bryan and his producer Jeff Stevens, it was the third single from his album Doin' My Thing. The song made its chart debut in August 2010.
The song is in the key of A-flat major, with Bryan's vocals ranging from C4 to F5. In the song, the male narrator sees his lover in someone else's truck and wonders if she has left him for someone else.
Michael Sudhalter of Country Standard Time described the song positively in his review of the album, saying that it could be a sequel to the relationship described in the album's first single, "Do I." Giving it four stars out of five, Bobby Peacock of Roughstock compared its theme to Rhett Akins' "That Ain't My Truck," and compared Bryan's vocals to those of John Anderson. The song received a "thumbs down" from Janet Goodman of Engine 145, also praising Bryan's vocals and the production but saying that the song's lyrics were in a "straightforward style with no twists."
"Someone Else Calling You Baby" debuted at number 52 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated for the week ending August 14, 2010 and became Bryan's second Number One hit on that chart after "Rain Is a Good Thing". It also debuted at number 100 on the Hot 100 chart for the week of November 13, 2010.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||56|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||84|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||33|
by Chris Young
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
February 26, 2011
"Who Are You When I'm Not Looking"
by Blake Shelton
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Digital sheet music - Luke Bryan — Someone Else Calling You Baby". Musicnotes.com. Alfred Publishing. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Sudhalter, Michael. "Doin' My Thing review". Country Standard Time. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Peacock, Bobby (22 September 2010). ""Someone Else Calling You Baby" review". Roughstock. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Goodman, Janet (23 August 2010). "Luke Bryan — "Someone Else Calling You Baby"". Engine 145. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Edward Morris (7 August 2010). "Jerrod Niemann's "Lover, Lover" Is Country's Top Song". CMT. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- "Luke Bryan Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Luke Bryan. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Luke Bryan Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Luke Bryan. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Luke Bryan Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Luke Bryan. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "American single certifications – Luke Bryan – Someone Else Calling You Baby". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved May 9, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH