4 October 1924|
|Died||9 March 2011
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Opera singer (soprano)|
Sona Aslanova (4 October 1924 – 9 March 2011) was a Soviet and Azerbaijanian soprano, Meritorious Artist of Azerbaijan Republic known for her historic performances of Azerbaijani, Russian, and an international classical and folk vocal music repertoire.
She sang in numerous live and recorded broadcasts on the radio and appeared in many films both as a singer and as an actress. Among her most recognized roles is Nigar from Koroglu, Asya from Arshin Mal Alan, and Asli from Asli and Kerem. All three operas were written by Uzeyir Hajibeyov, who also guided her as she began her operatic career.
Aslanova represented Azerbaijan on tours to Soviet republics and to a number of foreign countries. She worked side by side with such prominent Azerbaijani figures in the arts as the singers Bulbul and Rashid Behbudov.
She lived in Los Angeles, United States from 1994 until her death.
- Doğma Xalqıma (Koroglu)(1954), film-opera, as Nigar Video on YouTube
- Görüş (1955) as Firəngiz Video on YouTube
- Bizim Küçə (1961)
- Telefonçu Qız (1962), episodic role Video on YouTube
- Əmək və Qızılgül (1962)
- Arşın Mal Alan (1965), film-operetta, as voice of Asya Video on YouTube
- Bizim Cəbiş Müəllim (1969), as Ana Video on YouTube
- O Qızı Tapın (1970)
- Gün Keçdi (1971)
- Ömrün Səhifələri (1974), episodic role Video on YouTube
- Bir az da Bahar Bayramı (1979)
- İstintaq (1979)
- Anlamaq İstəyirəm (1980)
- Üzeyir Ömrü (1981)
- Qəmbər Hüseynli (2007)