Sonia Raiziss Giop (1909 – March 19, 1994 Manhattan) was an American poet, critic, and translator.
A native of Germany, Ms. Raiziss grew up in Philadelphia. Her father, Dr. George W. Raiziss, was a professor, at University of Pennsylvania. Her first work was published while she was in high school. She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, and she also studied at Columbia University and the Sorbonne.
She was an editor of Chelsea (magazine), from 1960–1994, with Ursule Molinaro, featuring poems and prose by Denise Levertov, Sylvia Plath, Umberto Eco, Raymond Carver, and Grace Paley. She corresponded with Laura Riding, and David Finkel.
Her Sinia Raiziss Giop Charitable Foundation (Alfredo de Palchi trustee) continues to fund the Jane Austen Essay Contest, Bordighera Poetry Prize, and the Raiziss/de Palchi Translation Awards.
- Through a Glass Darkly. Book Club Associates. 1932.
- Bucks County Blues. New Rivers Press. 1977. ISBN 978-0-912284-90-3.
- "The Scorpion's Dark Dance" (1993), Alfredo de Palchi.
- "Metaphysical Passion: Seven Modern American Poets and the 17th-Century Tradition," 1952 University of Philadelphia and reissued by Greenwood Press in 1970.
- Bruce Benderson (22-MAR-02). "Ursule Molinaro". The Review of Contemporary Fiction. Check date values in:
- Albert Gelpi, Robert J. Bertholf (2006). Robert Duncan and Denise Levertov: the poetry of politics, the politics of poetry. Stanford University Press. pp. 99–100. ISBN 978-0-8047-5131-5.
- Guide to the Guide to the Laura (Riding) Jackson and Schuyler B. Jackson collection, 1924–1991. Rmc.library.cornell.edu. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Finding-Aid for the Donald Finkel Papers (WTU00045). Library.wustl.edu. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- American prefaces – University of Iowa – Google Books. Books.google.com (February 3, 2009). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- The Atlantic – Cairns Collection of American Women Writers – Google Books. Books.google.com (December 3, 2008). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Beloit Poetry Journal – Author Index. BPJ. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Granite – Google Books. Books.google.com (April 29, 2008). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- The Prairie Schooner – Google Books. Books.google.com (May 24, 2007). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Plainsong – Google Books. Books.google.com (June 20, 2008). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- The Virginia quarterly review – University of Virginia – Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Yale poetry review – Google Books. Books.google.com (July 17, 2007). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Franklin Folsom, Days of Anger, Days of Hope, University Press of Colorado, 1994, ISBN 0-87081-332-3
- WOLFGANG SAXON (April 9, 1994). "Sonia Raiziss, A Poet, Critic And Editor, 85". The New York Times.
- Sonia Raiziss Giop Charitable Foundation. www.implu.com (December 1, 2010). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.
- Daniela Gioseffi (February 2001). Courtland Review (15) http://www.cortlandreview.com/issue/15/depalchi.html. Missing or empty
- The Jane Austen Society of North America – Essay Contest. Jasna.org (August 17, 2011). Retrieved on October 20, 2011.