Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
|Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine & Health Sciences|
|Motto||Discover the Physician Within You. Change the World Around You.|
|President||Dr. Paul Mittman, ND|
|Location||Tempe, Arizona, United States|
Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (SCNM) is a naturopathic medical school located in Tempe, Arizona, United States. Founded in 1992, SCNM is one of seven accredited naturopathic medical schools in North America.
Overview of Academics
The Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine Program at SCNM follows a prescribed curriculum set by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME). Quarters at SCNM are designated as fall, winter, spring, and summer. All students are guided by the curriculum as outlined in the annual SCNM catalog and approved by the Curriculum Committee, Faculty Senate, President’s Council, and Executive Council. If a student adheres to the curriculum they can graduate after 14 consecutive quarters, or four calendar years.
Extended Clinic Sites
- Arizona Pathways: Substance Abuse Rehabilitation
- Hamilton Elementary School Clinic: Pediatrics/Family Care for the Underprivileged
- Mission of Mercy: Medical Mobile Unit/Family Practice for Uninsured
- The River Source : Holistic treatment center for substance abuse rehabilitation
- Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS: HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease
- Sojourner: Women’s and Children’s Domestic Violence Shelter
- WAHI Center: Substance Abuse Rehabilitation
Accreditation and Associations
SCNM is a member of the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC) and is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education.[not in citation given] Both accreditations are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (official site)
- Higher Learning Commission
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association