|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
Southwest Detroit is a region within Detroit. It comprises several neighborhoods including Delray, Mexicantown, Hubbard Farms, Detroit, Boynton-Oakwood Heights, and Springwells Village. Clark Park is a popular park within the Hubbard Farms neighborhood of southwest Detroit (not to be confused with the similarly named Clark Park in Philadelphia). It is also well known for Mexicantown, Detroit's vibrant Mexican community.
Residents are within Detroit Public Schools and are zoned to Western International High School. Previously Southwestern High School was in Southwest Detroit. Southwestern closed in 2012, and students were reassigned to Western.
- Esparza, Santiago. "Independent grocery stores thriving in Southwest Detroit; 'We have soul,' says one owner." (Archive) MLive. July 24, 2013. Retrieved on July 29, 2013.
- Selasky, Susan M. "Southwest Detroit's Hispanic groceries have what you need for Cinco de Mayo." Detroit Free Press. May 3, 2012. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- "High School Boundaries - 2012/13 School Year." (Archive) Detroit Public Schools. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- Detroit Public Schools (2011). "DPS high school boundary map" (PDF). Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Foley, Aaron. "Closing southwest Detroit schools would be devastating, protesters say." MLive. Saturday February 25, 2012. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
- Satyanarayana, Megha. "Contents of Southwestern High School go up for sale online today." Detroit Free Press. October 18, 2012. Retrieved on November 1, 2012.
|This Wayne County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Detroit, Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|