Soyuz (Cyrillic: "Союз") is Russian for "Union", and was often used as an abbreviation for the "Union of Soviet Socialist Republics" (Soyuz Sovetskikh Sotsialisticheskikh Respublik) during the Communist era. In English, the term is left untranslated in the names of several Soviet-related concepts. These include:
- Soyuz programme, an originally Soviet (now Russian) human spaceflight programme
- The Soyuz station, established by members of the Soviet Antarctic Expeditions in Mac. Robertson Land in Antarctica
- The Soyuz (faction) in the Congress of Soviets, 1990–1991
- Other uses
- SS Albert Ballin, a German-built ship recovered and renamed Soyuz by the USSR
- Soyuz (comics), a team of Russian superheroes from DC Comics
- w:ru:Союз (концерн) (Soyuz), a media company in Russia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.