Enhance your perception
|Industry||Hyperspectral imaging |
|Founded||June 7, 1995 |
|Headquarters||Oulu, Finland |
|Key people||Timo Hyvärinen Chairman, Aappo Roos President |
|Employees||30 (2010) |
Specim, Spectral Imaging Ltd is a European technology firm headquartered in Oulu, Finland. Specim manufactures and sells hyperspectral cameras and systems. Specim's airborne hyperspectral cameras have been utilized for example in monitoring the environmental effects of major industrial catastrophes such as Deepwater Horizon oil spill and Red mud spill.
In 2010, Specim was widely credited for its Thermal Infrared Hyperspectral Cameras, including a position as a Prism Awards finalist. The credited Specim Owl is world's first Thermal Hyperspectral Camera that can efficiently be used for outdoor surveillance and UAV applications without an external light source such as the Sun or the Moon.
- , Kauppalehti company registry.
- Kaleva: Oulusta lähtee mittalaitteita ympäri maailmaa.
- Mikkola, A, (Nov 16, 2010), Kaleva, Näkyvästä näkyvää.
- The Prism Awards for Photonics. The 2010 Finalists
- Frost&Sullivan, Technical Insights, Aerospace&Defence (Feb 2011): World First Thermal Hyperspectral Camera for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.