From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sputnik in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sputnik (Russian for "satellite") or Sputnik 1 is the first artificial satellite, launched October 1957.
Sputnik may also refer to:
- Sputnik (spacecraft designation), a spacecraft designation (including a list of spacecraft called "Sputnik")
- Sputnik (rocket), an unmanned orbital carrier rocket derived from the R-7 Semyorka ICBM
- Sputnik, Murmansk Oblast, an inhabited locality in Pechengsky District, Murmansk Oblast, Russia
- Sputnik (comics), a character from Marvel comics
- Sputnik (magazine), a former Soviet magazine
- Sputnik (radio station), a public German radio station
- Sputnik (singer) or Knut T. Storbukås, Norwegian country singer
- Sputnik (virus) a satellite virophage
- 16260 Sputnik, an asteroid
- Sputnikmusic, a music website
- TV 2 Sputnik, a Danish on-demand TV channel
- Lada Sputnik, an automobile based on Lada Samara aka Lada 2108 chassis
- Sputnik double or negative double, a bid in contract bridge
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.