St. Paul Catholic Church (Highland, Illinois)
|St. Paul Catholic Church|
|Country||United States of America|
|Archdiocese||Archdiocese of Chicago|
|Diocese||Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield in Illinois|
|Archbishop||Francis Cardinal George|
|Bishop(s)||Thomas J. Paprocki|
St. Paul Church is a Roman Catholic parish with an elementary school in the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois located in Highland, Illinois. The Kirchenfest, a church picnic held each year, is one of the largest church festivals in Southern Illinois.
- Reverend Charles A. Edwards, Pastor
- Reverend Scott Snider, Parochial vicar
- Reverend David L. Peters, Retired pastor
- Deacon Ron Hesson, Executive manager
- Deacon Dave Bohnenstiehl
- David Timmermann, Principal, St. Paul Catholic School
- Kathy Sherman, Vice-principal, St. Paul Catholic School
Saturday at 5:00 p.m. and Sunday at 7:30, 9:30, and 11:30 a.m.
Kirchenfest, which is German for "Church Festival," is one of the largest church festivals in Southern Illinois. The event spreads over six acres on the grounds of St. Paul Parish. It originally began in 1970. The festival has a German theme, as the Highland, Illinois community is primarily Swiss and German heritage.
Events at the Kirchenfest:
- Korball street basketball tournament
- Strassenlauf 5K & 2K Run/Walk
- Saturday morning Auction, during which an 8-foot pizza is purchased
|This article about a building or structure in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|