The Institut de théologie orthodoxe Saint-Serge (St. Sergius Orthodox Theological Institute) in Paris, France, is a private school of higher education in Orthodox theology, founded in 1925 in conformity with French legislation and the norms of European university education, accredited by the Académie de Paris. The mission of the St. Sergius Institute is to form educated priests and laypeople, intending to serve actively the Orthodox Church and representing it in the ecumenical dialogue, as well as in the religious and cultural life of their own country. It is under the canonical jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Exarchate in Western Europe, under the omophorion of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
The St. Sergius Institute:
- Offers a complete program of licentiate, masters and doctoral degrees
- Serves as a centre of theological education by correspondence
- Is a centre of pastoral training
- Provides teaching in the sacred arts, iconography and liturgical singing
- Serves as a laboratory for research in religious history and science
- Contains a library of more than 35,000 books and rare journals
- Is a place of meeting and colloquia, including the annual "Liturgical Week" sessions
Teaching is in the French language. There is a charge for following courses and scholarships are available.