Stars people (also "starseeds" or "lightbeings") is a term used to describe human beings who believe they originated as extraterrestrial life from other worlds or planets, and arrived to Earth through birth or as a walk-in to an existing human body.
Not of Earth
People calling themselves starseeds find that they share in common feelings of isolation or aloneness, as though they don't quite fit in to Earth institutions and current events.[according to whom?] It is estimated[by whom?] that 65 percent of starseeds are women and that about one-fourth of these have unusual blood types. In surveys with people thought to be Star People (starseeds), the Science Channel reports that nearly half reported near-death experience and seventy-five percent had out-of-body experience. Nearly all of them say they feel tremendous urgency to fulfill a mission.
Starseeds are defined[by whom?] as evolved beings from another planet, star system or galaxy who have come to Earth with the specific mission of assisting its people to achieve a higher level of civilization and peace.
In reports based on surveys, starseeds (also "beings of light") incarnate into human lifeforms and suffer the same conditions of helplessness and total amnesia concerning their identity, origins and life-purpose as Earth humans do. Starseeds differ in a theory that their genes contain alien DNA, and are encoded to awaken them and their awareness at a planned time.
The awakening process experienced by starseeds is described[by whom?] as either a gradual series of realizations over time, or an abrupt and dramatic awakening of consciousness. Through the awakening process, starseeds regain their memories about their past, their origins and their missions. An increase in intuition, psychic ability, and the sense of a more universal "self" that transcends mortal identity are also commonly reported experiences.
Some star people speak of communication via telepathy with beings not of this world, either physical or non-physical. Elevated awareness claims that communication or memories recall extraterrestrial or multidimensional life, such as "beings of light" (lightbeings).
Cosmic view of existence
Persons who identify themselves and others as starseeds share a belief that life exists on other planets. Most believe they have lived on other planets, and many account having experiences that they claim are memories of life on other worlds. The concepts of star ships, spaceships, intergalactic travel, psychic phenomena and sentient life forms in other galaxies come naturally and seem logical to them.
Characteristics and traits
- Feeling like a "stranger in a strange land"
- Compelling eyes; unique and striking physical appearance
- Lower than normal body temperature and low blood pressure
- Sharp hearing
- Little sleep requirements
- A strong sense that Earth is not their home
- Visitations by benevolent and luminescent beings with human-appearance
- Was an unexpected child
- Unusual abilities considered paranormal by peers
- Have "flying" dreams
- Extreme sensitivity to electricity and electromagnetic fields
- Feelings that their biological mother and father are not their real parents
- Ongoing longing for some other home
- Had unseen companions as a child
- A deep knowing their home is somewhere among the stars
- Often starry-eyed romantics
- Often notice they glance at a clock when it's 11:11
Starseeds in books, music and movies
- Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlein
- Star People, mythological creatures from the fantasy Narnia world of C. S. Lewis
- Star People, a 2006 novel by Paul Burston
- Aira Flight, in Flight: a quantum fiction novel, a 1995 book by Vanna Bonta about lightbeings on Earth, quantum fabric of existence and the multiverse
- The Star People, a 1987 book by Brad Steiger
- Star People, cuel atah, acjachemen nation Juaneño
- Star People, a 1983 album by Miles Davis
- Home Is You, music & lyrics by Vanna Bonta about longing for some other home. The song first appeared in a Bonta novel, in a scene where the fictional heroine, Aira Flight, an intrepid starseed traveler of multiverses and many dimensions, experiences being a human girl for the first time.
- Star People '97, a 1997 song on the Older album by George Michael
- Star People, a 2002(?) album by Brulé
- Star People, a music record label