Statute Law Revision Act 1983
Section 1 of the Act, with the Schedule, repeals, for the Republic of Ireland, various Acts of the Parliament of Ireland, the Parliament of England, the Parliament of Great Britain and the Parliament of the United Kingdom. Among these were the British version of the Act of Union 1800: the Irish version had been repealed in the Statute Law Revision (Pre-Union Irish Statutes) Act 1962. Irish, British and UK Catholic Relief Acts associated with Catholic emancipation were also repealed.
This Act has not been amended.
- Parliamentary debates:
- Order for second stage - Dáil Éireann, volume 330, 20 October 1981
- Motion - Dáil Éireann, volume 333, 24 March 1982
- Second stage - Dáil Éireann, volume 333, 25 March 1982
- Motion - Dáil Éireann, volume 339, 26 January 1983
- Committee and final stages - Dáil Éireann, volume 339, 8 February 1983
- Second stage - Seanad Éireann, volume 100, 4 May 1983
- Committee and final stages - Seanad Éireann, volume 100, 4 May 1983
- The Statute Law Revision Act 1983, from the Irish Statute Book.