|Member of the Idaho Senate
from the 2nd district
|Born||May 23, 1956
Great Falls, MT
Steve Vick (born May 23, 1956) was born in Great Falls, MT. He is a Republican member of the Idaho Senate representing the 2nd District. He is married to Cheryl and has three sons, one daughter, and a grandson.
Education and career
Steve attended Power High School in Power, Montana. He achieved his Bachelor of Science in Engineering at Montana State University in 1979. Steve's career is in home construction and remodeling business. He previously had worked as an Engineer, a Farmer, and a Real Estate Appraiser. Steve is a Conservative Republican who served four consecutive terms in the Montana House of Representatives from 1995 to 2002.
In 2010, Vick defeated incumbent Mike Jorgenson in a Republican primary. The General Election results was 12,309 votes.
He is a member of:
- Chairman of the Appropriations Committee, previously
- Legislative Finance Committee
- Legislative Audit Committee
- Economic Affairs Committee
Organizations and activities
- Teaching parenting classes with his wife Cheryl
- Home group leader in his church
- High school and youth basketball coach
- Basketball referee