From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Supreme Revolutionary Council)
Revolutionary Council may refer to the:
- Revolutionary Council (Afghanistan), organ of the People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan (PDPA) from 1965 until the party's collapse in 1992.
- Revolutionary Council (Algeria), the body that ruled Algeria following its 1965 coup d'état.
- Revolutionary Council (Zanzibar), part of the semi-autonomous Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar.
It may, alternatively, refer to the:
- Armed Forces Revolutionary Council, a group of Sierra Leone soldiers that allied itself with the rebel Revolutionary United Front in the late 1990s.
- Council of Islamic Revolution (Iran), a group of clerics and experts chosen to manage Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution and then legislate for its interim government.
- National Patriotic Front of Liberia – Central Revolutionary Council, a rebel group that participated in the Liberian civil war.
- Revolutionary Military Council, the supreme military authority of Soviet Russia.
- Supreme Revolutionary Council (Madagascar), the body that ruled Madagascar from 1975.
- Supreme Revolutionary Council (Somalia), the body that ruled Somalia for most of the period bewtween 1969 and 1991.
- Union Revolutionary Council, the supreme governing body of socialist Burma between 1962 and 1974.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Revolutionary Council.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.