Svay Rieng Province
|• Governor||Chieng Am (CPP)|
|• Total||2,966 km2 (1,145 sq mi)|
|• Density||160/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||KH-20|
Svay Rieng (Khmer: ស្វាយរៀង, IPA: [sʋaːj riəŋ] "Aligned Mangoes") is a province (khaet) of Cambodia. Located in the southeast, the province juts into Vietnam, which surrounds it to the north, east and south. The only other Cambodian province to border Svay Rieng is Prey Veng. The capital is Svay Rieng town. Cambodia's National Highway 1 leads to the international border checkpoint of Bavet, which leads into Vietnam.
The province is subdivided into 7 districts.
- 2001 Chanthrea - ចន្រ្ទា
- 2002 Kampong Rou - កំពង់រោទ៍
- 2003 Romdoul - រំដួល
- 2004 Romeas Haek - រមាសហែក
- 2005 Svay Chrom - ស្វាយជ្រុំ
- 2006 Svay Rieng - ស្វាយរៀង
- 2007 Svay Theab - ស្វាយទៀប
A portion of the province juts into Vietnam, the Parrot's Beak. (Vietnamese: Mỏ Vẹt).
One of the province's famous resident is the farmer turned kickboxer Thun Sophea.
- "General Population Census of Cambodia 2008 - Provisional population totals" (PDF). National Institute of Statistics, Ministry of Planning. 3 September 2008.
||Tây Ninh Province, Vietnam|
|Prey Veng Province|
|Long An Province, Vietnam|
|This Cambodian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|