TÜBİTAK Defense Industries Research and Development Institute
|Purpose||Defense industry technology|
|Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK)|
TÜBİTAK Defense Industries Research and Development Institute (Turkish: TÜBİTAK Savunma Sanayii Araştırma ve Geliltirme Enstitüsü), shortly TÜBİTAK SAGE, is a Turkish institution carrying out research and development projects on defense industry technology.
It was established in 1972 at Beşevler neighborhood in central Ankara under the name "Guided Vehicles Technology and Measurement Center" (Güdümlü Araçlar Teknoloji ve Ölçüm Merkezi, GATÖM) in cooperation with the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (Turkish: Türkiye Bilimsel ve Teknolojik Araştırma Kurumu, TÜBİTAK). In 1983i the institution was renamed to "Ballistics Research Institute" (Balistik Araştırma Enstitüsü, BAE), and finally in 1988 it took its current name. The organization conducts research and development activities to meet the needs of the Turkish Armed Forces and national defense industry.
SAGE moved in 1993 to its new location in Lalahan village of Elmadağ district, 30 km (19 mi) northeast of Ankara. The facility in Beşevler serves as Ankara Wind Tunnel. The institute also runs a site within the Middle East Technical University (ODTÜ).
- SOM cruise missile
- HGK guidance kit
The HGK guidance kit (Turkish: Hassas Güdüm Kiti, HGK) is a GPS/INS guidance kit with flap out wings that converts 2000-lb Mark 84 bombs into smart weapons. It enables precision strike talent in all weather conditions with long range at a deviation of 6 m (20 ft).
- KGK smart wing adapter kit
- TOROS artillery rocket system
- Thermal battery
- NEB bunker buster
The NEB Bunker Buster (Turkish: Nüfuz Edici Bomba, NEB) is a bomb able to destroy the reinforced concrete fixed and buried targets by penetrating to them with desired time delay. It is compatible with HGK and GBU-10 Paveway II.
- "Defense Industries Research and Development Institute". TÜBİTAK SAGE. Retrieved 2013-051-6.
- TÜBİTAK SAGE Developed the First Cruise Missile of Turkey), TÜBİTAK SAGE, retrieved 2013-05-16
- Cebeci, Uğur; Tolga Özbek (2011-06-05). "İlk yerli füze, hedefini 180 kilometreden vuracak". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Turkey reveals stand-off missile bunker buster". TR Defence. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Turkey’s Stand-Off Missile is revealed date=2011-09-14". Jane's DSEi 2011 News. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Serial Production of the HGK Guidance Kit Has Started, TÜBİTAK SAGE, 2011-06-04, retrieved 2013-05-16
- TUBİTAK-SAGE Develops Long Range Smart Bomb, TÜBİTAK SAGE, 2011-06-04, retrieved 2013-05-16
- "TOROS 230A/260A". TÜBTAK SAGE. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "İlk yerli roket Toros fırlatıldı". Hürriyet Ekonomi (in Turkish). 2000-02-11. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Bunker Buster (NEB) Design Is Almost Finished, TÜBİTAK SAGE, retrieved 2013-06-16
- "Nüfuz edici bombalar geliyor". NTV-MSNBC (in Turkish). 2009-02-04. Retrieved 2013-05-18.