Ted Ansani the bassist/vocalist for the seminal 1990s power pop group Material Issue. The Chicago-based band released four major label albums while touring extensively before its collapse, with frontman Jim Ellison's suicide.     
Following Ellison's suicide and the subsequent release of Material Issue's final album, Telecommando Americano, Ansani toured for a year with Chicago band Teenage Frames from 1997-1998.  During the time, he also spent some time working with Material Issue drummer Mike Zelenko playing with Slink Moss and Hummer. In 2000 Ansani returned to record on Teenage Frames' 5 song EP, Kingsize Sessions.
Ted Ansani continues to work in the music business in Chicago and had performed and recorded for several post-Material Issue projects and released his own solo EP in 2000 called Throttle and Pistons - The Ted Ansani Project. He has made several live appearances in the last few years in and around Chicago and has also played the IPO festival when it has come to Chicago. His website http://www.myspace.com/tedansani carries the banner of the Material Issue legacy which reminds readers to never forget Material Issue's place in rock history. Ansani is married with three children and resides in Park Ridge, Illinois.
Ted currently performs in the Chicago-Area with bands Diving for Dynamite, Legendary Rockstars and performs often with the "Ted Ansani Project".
- "Ted Ansani". cdbaby.com. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Ted Ansani". newsle.com. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Cover band Diving for Dynamite features Ted Ansani of Material Issue and Brian Sheridan of Ralph’s World.". divingfordynamite.com. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Review of Ted". yahoo.com. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Krolicki, Frank. "Show Preview: Material Re-Issue at Abbey Pub, 4/23". windycityrock.net. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Material Issue's Ted Ansani Tackles Solo Career". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|