That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls
|That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls|
|Studio album by Jessi Colter|
|Jessi Colter chronology|
|Singles from That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls|
That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls is the fifth studio album by American country music artist, Jessi Colter. The album was released in November 1978 on Capitol Records and was produced by Richie Albright and Waylon Jennings.
That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls contained ten tracks of entirely new material. The album's first single, "Maybe You Should've Been Listening," only reached a peak of #45 on the Hot Country Songs chart in 1978, and the album's second single, "Love Me Back Sleep" peaked even lower on the chart in 1979. The album charted among the Top Country Albums list, reaching #46 upon its release in January 1978. The album's title track would later be covered and released as a single by country music artist, Jacky Ward in 1980, where it would reach #7 on the Hot Country Songs Chart.
Like Colter's previous releases, the album was co-produced by Waylon Jennings, a country artist and Colter's husband. He also helped serve as background vocals on the album as well. The album was rated by Allmusic, and was given three out of five stars.
- "Roll on" — 3:29
- "Black Haired Boy" — 2:51
- "I Was Kinda Crazy Then" — 3:10
- "That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls" — 3:20
- "My Cowboy's Last Ride" — 3:12
- "Hold Back the Tears" — 3:00
- "Maybe You Should've Been Listening" — 4:35
- "Don't You Think I Feel it Too" — 3:02
- "Love Me Back to Sleep" — 2:26
- "My Goodness" — 5:00
- Richie Albright — drums producer
- J.J. Cale — guitar
- Fred Carter — guitar
- Jessi Colter — keyboards, lead vocals
- Johnny Gimble — violin
- Sherman Hayes — bass
- Waylon Jennings — background vocals, guitar, producer
- Ralph Mooney — steel guitar
- Gordon Payne — guitar
- Barny Robertson — background vocals, keyboards
- Carter Robertson — background vocals
- Tony Joe White — guitar, harmonica
Album – Billboard (North America)
Singles - Billboard (United States)
|1978||"Maybe You Should've Been Listening"||Country Singles||45|
|1979||Love Me Back to Sleep||Country Singles||91|
- "Jessi Colter - That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls (LP) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- Allmusic review
- "That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls > Charts & Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
- "That's the Way a Cowboy Rocks and Rolls > Overview". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-07-13.