The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream
|The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream|
|Directed by||Stuart Gillard|
|Produced by||Irene Litinsky
|Written by||Randall M. Badat
Susan Estelle Jansen
Christy Carlson Romano
|Distributed by||MGM Home Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||March 16, 2008
April 1, 2008 (DVD)
The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream is a 2008 American Drama and Romance film that follows the 2006 film The Cutting Edge: Going for the Gold and was followed by The Cutting Edge: Fire & Ice (2010). The film was produced for the ABC Family cable channel, which aired on March 16, 2008.
Zack Conroy (Matt Lanter) and former lover Celeste Mercier (Sarah Gadon) lose the gold to rivals Jason Bright (Ben Hollingsworth) and Cindy Halgyord (Stephanie Valos) at the International Figure Skating Conference in Tokyo. Zack and Celeste resolve to win the gold at nationals, but Celeste falls in a practice and fractures her ankle. Coach Bryan Hemmings (Stefano Colacitti) initially encounters difficulty in his search for a replacement partner for Zack.
Enter Alejandra Delgado, alias Alex (Francia Raisa). Zack realizes her potential as a professional skater when he loses to her in an ice hockey match. Hemmings, however, is unimpressed and refuses to coach the pair. Jackie Dorsey (Christy Carlson Romano) reluctantly agrees to serve as coach instead. She leads Zack and Alex into a strong first performance in the nationals, but a lapse in Zack's concentration causes Alex to fall.
Despite the blunder, the two make it to the International Skating Conference in Paris. There, Jason and Cindy engage in subterfuge and display a photo of Zack and Celeste kissing. Alex, hurt and betrayed, storms out of the press conference. She attempts to leave the next morning, but is swayed when Zack pleads with her and professes his love. They go on to skate in the final competition and execute a move which has only been done once before: the Pamchenko. That move wins them the gold, and upon completion of their program they seal their love with a kiss.
- Matt Lanter as Zach Conroy
- Francia Raisa as Alejandra "Alex" Delgado
- Ben Hollingsworth as Jason Bright
- Alycia Purrott as Misha Pressel
- Christy Carlson Romano as Jackie Dorsey
- Sarah Gadon as Celeste Mercier
- Adrianne Richards as a Reporter
- Luis Oliva as Bobby Delgado
- Stefano Colacitti as Bryan Hemmings (credited as Stefano Matteo Colacitti)
- Lori Graham as a TV Commentator
- ""The Cutting Edge 3" Skates to ABC Family: A male ice skater and a female ice hockey player find love". Zap2it.com. 2008-02-04. Retrieved 2008-03-18.