The Da Vinci Treasure
|The Da Vinci Treasure|
DVD cover art
|Directed by||Peter Mervis|
|Produced by||David Michael Latt
|Written by||Paul Bales
Carlos De Los Rios
|Starring||C. Thomas Howell
|Distributed by||The Asylum|
|Release date(s)||May 23, 2006|
|Running time||1 Hour and 30 Minutes|
This direct-to-video film release was noted as being an exploitation of the film The Da Vinci Code (also called a mockbuster) since it uses part of the title and several of the plot elements of the Dan Brown story. It was released to video in the same month as the The Da Vinci Code movie.
The film centres on Michael Archer (C. Thomas Howell), a forensic anthropologist who inadvertently discovers a set of subtle clues within the works of Leonardo da Vinci, that, when interpreted correctly, will lead the finder to "enlightenment".
Archer, convinced of the authenticity of the clues, sets out to locate the treasure by travelling around the world, following each clue. As time passes, however, Archer soon realizes that he is not alone in the quest for the treasure, and that he must combat other, more determined, treasure-seekers who would sooner see him dead.
- C. Thomas Howell - Michael Archer
- Lance Henriksen - Dr. John Coven
- Nicole Sherwin - Giulia Pedina
- Alexis Zibolis - Samantha West
- List of American films of 2006
- The Va Dinci Cod - A parody of The Da Vinci Code by comedian Adam Roberts
- David Cornelius, The Da Vinci Treasure, review on 05/19/06 efilmcritic.com