|The Desire-Journey of a Woman|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||R. Sarath|
|Written by||R. Sarath
Vishwa Mohan Bhatt
|Edited by||Beena paul|
|Distributed by||C-9 Motion Pictures
The Desire-Journey of a Woman is an upcoming Indo-Chinese feature film, directed by R. Sarath. Starring Shilpa Shetty in lead role, the film also stars Chinese actor Xia Yu along with Indian actors and actresses as Jaya Prada, Anupam Kher, Sheetal Menon and Sachin Khedekar. The film's shooting started in January 2009, is currently in its production stage and was expected for a public release in mid-2009 but not released due to some production problems. The movie has been shot in Kerala, Ahmedabad, Nasik, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Malaysia.
The Desire is a film about "dance, music, art, culture and emotions". It tells the journey of an Indian classical dancer, Goutami, and the love story between her and a Chinese artist, Jai Leang, whom she meets during a travel assignment.
- Shilpa Shetty as Goutami
- Xia Yu as Jai Leang
- Jaya Prada as Goutami's mother
- Anupam Kher
- Sheetal Menon
- Nakul Vaid
- Vikram Gokhale
- Asif Sheikh
- Vinayak Vinod as Musui
- Producer: SunandaShetty
- Director: R. Sarath
- Screenplay: R. Sarath
- Story: R. Sarath
- Dialogues: Amitabh Varma
- 'Cinematography: Sajjan Kalathil
- Music: Vishwa Mohan Bhatt (background score), Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy (soundtrack)
- production Head-shashi dubey
- Costume Designer: Neeta Lulla
A. R. Rahman was approached to compose the music for the film but he opted out citing busy schedules. The soundtrack is scored by the acclaimed composer trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, whilst the background score is composed by Vishwa Mohan Bhatt. To give an Orissi touch to the film, a devotional song of Lord Jagannath, an integral part of the dance form, will be sung during the dance.The film has two classical songs, a Sanskrit sloka by eminent Poet Pdt.Manmohan Acharya and an Oriya song taken from Padyaballi, written by Gopalkrushna Patnaik.
- Best Narrative Feature Film at the 2011 Geneva International Film festival.
- "Shilpa Shetty to star in India-China flick The Desire". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "The Desire makes waves. The Hindu. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- "The Desire: Complete Cast and crew details". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Dasgupta, Priyanka (April 11, 2011). "'Team Rajasthan overlooked my potential'". The Times of India.