Dare to Dream (Yanni album)
|Dare to Dream|
|Studio album by Yanni|
|Released||March 10, 1992|
Soft adult contemporary
Dare to Dream is Yanni's eighth album, released on the Private Music label in 1992 (see 1992 in music). The album peaked at #2 on Billboard's "Top New Age Albums" chart and at #32 on the "Billboard 200" chart in the same year. It went gold within two months of its release and was nominated for a Grammy.
The album was followed by the sell-out, 65-city Dare to Dream concert tour which challenged audiences "not to be afraid to dream."
"Dare to Dream," says Yanni, "comes from a realization that not only don't people go after their dreams, they are often afraid to dream at all. If we don't dare to dream, we can't shape our future".
- "Once Upon a Time" – 3:51
- "A Love for Life" – 5:07
- "Nice to Meet You" – 5:35
- "So Long My Friend" – 3:47
- "You Only Live Once" – 7:19
- "To the One Who Knows" – 5:37
- "Face in the Photograph" – 3:47
- "Felitsa" – 4:45
- "Desire" – 5:00
- "Aria" – 3:58
- "A Night to Remember" – 5:47
- "In the Mirror" – 4:07
- All music composed and produced by Yanni
- (G=Gold, P=Platinum, M=Multi-Platinum)
- YANNI DARE TO DREAM 08/06/92 PRIVATE MUSIC G ALBUM SOLO Std
- YANNI DARE TO DREAM 05/05/94 PRIVATE MUSIC P ALBUM SOLO Std
The Dare to Dream concert tour
This 2 hour and 15 minute concert is performed completely live and showcases the broad range of Yanni's music through a unique marriage of acoustic and electronic sound. Yanni and two additional keyboardists (Bradley Joseph and Julie Homi), are backed by a rhythm section headed by Charlie Adams on drums, with Michael Bruno on percussion and Osama Afifi on bass, and a string section featuring Charlie Bisharat and Karen Briggs on violin, and Sachi McHenry on cello.
- Charlie Adams – drums
- Osama Afifi – bass guitar
- Charlie Bisharat – violin
- Karen Briggs – violin
- Michael Bruno – percussion
- Julie Homi – keyboards
- Bradley Joseph – keyboards
- Sachi McHenry – cello
- Yanni's Manager: Jeff D. Klein
- Booking Agent: Fred Bohlander, Monterey Peninsula Artists
- Tour Manager: Vincent Corry
- Prod. Mgr/Designer: David "Gurn" Kaniski
- House Sound Mixer: Tommy Sterling
- Stage Monitor Mixer: Paul Serault
- Stage Manager: Peter Feldman
- Drum/Bass Tech: Jeff Buswell
- Keyboard Tech: Peter Maher
- Vari-lite Operator: Bryan Faris
- Sound Tech: Tracy Kuntsmann
- Lighting Crew Chief: Gus Thomson
- Lighting Tech: Tod Metz
- Tour Accountant: Diane Kramer, Numbers, Inc.
- Set Construction: George & Goldberg
- Wardrobe: Lynn Bugai
- Yanni's Assistant: Susan Smela
- Tour Publicity: Dione Dirito
- Special Thanks
- Yanni thanks E-mu Systems for providing the state-of-the-art sound generating equipment, including 4 Emulator IIIs, Proteus 1 and 2s, and 2 Procussion units used in the performance.
The music Once Upon A Time was adopted by TVB as the background music of world weather from July 28, 1991 to December 31, 2009.
- "Chart history for Dare to Dream". AMG. Retrieved 2007-08-31.
- Yanni Live, The Symphony Concerts 1993, official concert program.
- Dare to Dream - Official concert program. Yanni. 1992.
- "Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) Gold and Platinum searchable database". Retrieved 2007-01-01.