The Final Journey
- For episode 220 of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga/anime/movie series see List of Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes#Dawn of the Duel (US Season 5).
|The Final Journey|
|Directed by||R.J. Adams|
|Produced by||Diane C. Adams|
|Written by||R.J. Adams, Paul Kirby, Diane Adams|
|Distributed by||History Quests|
|Running time||128 minutes|
The Final Journey is a 2010 documentary that chronicles the largest of the Nazi concentration camps that were scattered throughout Germany during the Third Reich. Created and directed by film maker R.J. Adams and narrated by Paul Kirby, the program focuses entirely on the how and who played key roles in their contribution to the tragedy of the Holocaust.
The two-hour-long film utilizes a then and now format that blends first-generation archival film with current HD footage of each of the former Nazi camps as they are today and the how and who they appeared during the Third Reich.
Multiple extermination camps are shown in the film: Dachau, Sachsenhausen, Buchenwald, Flossenbürg, Mauthausen, Ravensbrück, Stutthof and Bergen Belsen. Known today as a Gedenkstätte or place of memorial these former camps called Konzentrationslager or KL are today more than cabable of leaving each visitor with a chilling reminder of what can happen when governments and humanity get out of control.
Production of The Final Journey began in 1998 and remains as a work in progress with part two, the Extermination camp set for release in 2012. These site known as Vernichtungslager functioned primarily as places of genocide as the answer for the Nazi question of the Jewish problem. Film crews for both part 1 and 2 of The Final Journey covered every aspect inside and out of each major camp located throughout Germany and the former occupied territories of the Third Reich.
- Hoess,Rudolph (1992). Death Dealer. Buffalo, New York: Prometheus Books. ISBN 0-87975-714-0.
- Adam, Peter (1992). Art of the Third Reich. New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc.. ISBN 0-8109-1912-5
- Roger Manvell, Fraenkel, Heinrich (2007). Heinrich Himmler: The SS, Gestapo, His Life and Career. Skyhorse Publishing . ISBN 1-60239-178-5
- Halevy, Yechiam (1996).Historical Atlas of the Holocaust. MacMillan Publishing, U.S.A. ISBN 0-02-897451-4
- Frank, Anne (1953). Anne Frank - The Diary of a Young Girl. Puffin Books. ISBN 0-14-100724-9