The Iron Maidens
|The Iron Maidens|
The Iron Maidens 2007-2008 lineup
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Associated acts||Iron Maiden, Phantom Blue, Femme Fatale, Before the Mourning|
|Past members||Former members|
The Iron Maidens is an American heavy metal band from Los Angeles, California. Formed in 2001 as an all-female tribute act to English heavy metal band Iron Maiden. Hailed as "The World's Only Female Tribute to Iron Maiden", the band currently consists of vocalist Kirsten Rosenberg, bassist Wanda Ortiz, drummer Linda McDonald, guitarist Courtney Cox and, since 2010, a rotating cast of guitarists sitting in on the second guitar part including Nita Strauss, Nikki Stringfield, Nili Brosh and others, all of whom have adopted separate aliases to mirror their Iron Maiden counterparts.
The Iron Maidens were originally formed in June 2001 by vocalist Jenny Warren and bassist Melanie Sisneros, formerly of the Iron Maiden tribute band Wrathchild. Linda McDonald (drums) and Josephine Draven (guitar), both formerly of Phantom Blue, and Sara Marsh (guitar), joined Warren and Sisneros shortly afterward to form the band's first lineup.. Sisneros left the band in 2002 to pursue other interests and was replaced by Wanda Ortiz.
In 2003, the band started work on their debut album; however, the project was delayed when Warren gave notice of her departure from the band to focus more on her personal and child's needs. After Warren's departure, new vocalist Aja Kim made her debut in the band and helped complete the album (World's Only Female Tribute to Iron Maiden), which was released in June 2005. After the album's release, Draven left the band. In February 2007 Heather Baker joined to replace Draven. In May the band released their second album Route 666, which features a guest appearance by Motörhead guitarist Phil Campbell.
In summer 2008, Heather Baker and Aja Kim left the band to pursue solo careers. The two were replaced by guitarist Courtney Cox and vocalist Kirsten Rosenberg (formerly of the Maryland-based cover band HighWire). In January 2010, Marsh, who was ill, was taken off some of the Japanese tour shows and did not rejoin the band. Baker rejoined the band to temporarily fill in Marsh's spot for a handful of shows.
- Current members
- Kirsten Rosenberg ("Bruce Chickinson") – vocals
- Nita Strauss ("Mega Murray") – guitar
- Nikki Stringfield ("Mega Murray") – guitar [ Before the Mourning ]
- Courtney Cox ("Adriana Smith") – guitar
- Wanda Ortiz ("Steph Harris") – bass
- Linda McDonald ("Nikki McBurrain") – drums
Strauss and Stringfield play Dave Murray's parts alternately between tours.
- Former members
- Melanie Sisneros ("Steve Heiress") – bass
- Jenny Warren ("Bruce Chickinson") – vocals
- Jojo Draven ("Adrienne Smith") – guitar
- Aja Kim ("Bruce Lee Chickinson") – vocals
- Elizabeth Schall ("Adrianne Smith" and "Deena Murray") – guitar
- Sara Marsh ("Mini Murray") – guitar
- Heather Baker ("Dee Murray" and "Adrienne Smith") – guitar
- Paone, Caroline (2013-07-15). "The Iron Maidens: Brave New Women". Guitar Girl Magazine. Retrieved 2013-09-11.
- Outhier, Craig (4 February 2010). "The 10 Best Tribute Bands of All Time". Phoenix New Times (Phoenix, Arizona, USA). Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- Nelson, Courtney. "Iron Maidens prepare to rock Juneau". Juneau, AK, USA: Juneau Empire. Retrieved 3 August 2010.
- Epstein, Dan (February 2003). "The Iron Maidens - All Girls Tribute Band Takes Flight". Guitar World (South San Francisco, California, USA: Future US). p. 30.
- Harward, Randy (1 May 2003). "Lady Killers". Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: Salt Lake City Weekly. Archived from the original on 5 October 2003. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- Duchene, Paul (13 December 2002). "Metal maids ride high". The Portland Tribune (Portland, Oregon, USA). Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "The Iron Maidens Part Ways With Bruce Chickinson, Vow To Carry On". Blabbermouth.net. 7 March 2004. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "The Iron Maidens - The Iron Maidens". allmusic.com. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Route 666 - The Iron Maidens". allmusic.com. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Former THE IRON MAIDENS Singer Collaborating With MOTÖRHEAD's PHIL CAMPBELL - July 3, 2008". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "The Iron Maidens". Full Metal Rock. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- Bansal, Aniruddh "Andrew" (20 February 2010). "In-person interview with Linda McDonald, Kirsten Rosenberg, Wanda Ortiz and Courtney Cox of The Iron Maidens". Los Angeles CA, USA: MetalAssault.com. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "The Iron Maidens: New Interview". Blabbermouth.net. 4 October 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- "The Iron Maidens: new interview, performance footage posted online". Hertogenbosch, Netherlands: Metalrage.com. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- Larson, John (29 September 2010). "Scream for me, Washington". Tacoma Weekly (Tacoma, Washington, USA). Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Crescent Shield: New Song Available For Streaming". Blabbermouth.net. 10 March 2009. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- "The Iron Maidens". All Access Magazine. 2006-10-05. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Iron Maidens.|