The Law of One (Ra material)
|Part of a series on|
The Ra Material, also known as the The Law of One, is a series of five books authored by a non-human intelligence named Ra via their questioner and channel, through the process of channeling. It was published between 1982 and 1998 by Schiffer Books. The publishers attribute some or all of the authorship to Don Elkins, Jim McCarty, and Carla L. Rueckert who acted as the channel for Ra. The series presents commentary and transcripts of dialogue between a questioner and Ra, who is described as an entity composed of an entire civilization of extraterrestrial beings that are fused into one unified consciousness.
Carla L. Rueckert transmitted the material by entering into a non-conscious state (which the authors called an "unconscious trance") where she would be used as an instrument by Ra, to answer questions posed by Don Elkins. Her answers are a direct communications from Ra, which is in line with standard views on channeling. The books are described as "dialogues" between Don Elkins and Ra that were recorded, transcribed, and edited by Jim McCarty to produce five books. The material in the books conveys an elaborate grand reality called The Law of One having the basic principle that "All is One", or that all "things" that exist are ultimately the same "essence" within many forms. It describes why, how and where anything that exists comes from and its place within the manifest Creation. The five books explore this premise in relation to many aspects of life including: philosophy, religion, spirituality, cosmology, anthropology, history, politics, physics, biology, geology, and the "paranormal".
The dialogues have been cited by sociologists to be a convergence of "ufology" and "trance channeling", where a human channeler is said to be aligned with or in harmony with Ra, thus being able to act as a "receiver" for the "vibrations"(in this case: knowledge) emitted by the 6th density intelligence. The material describes, that Ra is a highly advanced race of "extraterrestrials" who once visited ancient Egypt and assisted with construction of the pyramids.
It states the universe was created by the One Infinite Creator—out of itself—by distorting its energy into the parts of existence called "distortions". The process occurred one distortion at a time, in a specific order.:16.12, 76.15
- The first distortion created by the Creator is called Free Will
- The second is Love
- And the third is Light.
Ra describes each star or planet is a creation of an intelligence called a Logos.:28.7 The Logos create many sub-Logoi. One sub-Logos would be our sun.:54.7 The sub-Logoi, in turn, create sub-sub-Logoi. Human beings being an example of sub-sub-Logoi.:29.7 Each Logos, sub-Logos, and sub-sub-Logos is a microcosm of the Creator. The Logos created seven levels of progression for spiritual evolution, and Ra called each of these levels a density or densities.
Secondary sources have interpreted densities in a variety of ways. Some have described it as a "dimension" as in "a higher dimension of reality." A density differs markedly from the Cartesian notion of dimension. But the description of a density as a dimension, as utilized in other sources is problematic, especially due to the fact that the books have occasionally used the term "dimension" in equality with density. Some have described it as a physical concept in addition to a non-physical concept, while others describe it as entirely non-physical. In any case, all commentators agree that different densities are associated with different forms of consciousness and different phenomenological ways of being.
- The first density is the density of the elements (Earth, Water, Air, Fire) (or in scientific terms: solids, liquids, gases and plasma).:13.16
- The second density is the density of organic life: plants, animals, bacteria, etc.:9.13
- The third density is the density which human beings inhabit. It is the density of self-awareness. It is also the density of duality, through which the individual chooses their polarity of service.
- The fourth density is the density of love and like all subsequent densities, is inhabited by mind/body/spirit complexes of a higher level of spiritual evolution than human beings on present day Earth.
- The fifth density is the density of light or wisdom. Wherein contemplation and introspection are learned to an even more refined degree.
- The sixth density is the density of unity consciousness, where love and wisdom are united, where all other polarities are united.
- The seventh density is the gateway density, the last density before mind/body/spirit complexes merge back into the Creator.:16.19
- The eighth density is the beginning of the next octave. Where the journey begins again.:28.14
Ra describes that humans are composed of a mind, a body, and a spirit, and therefore would refer to an individual human as a "mind/body/spirit complex". Ra says that humans, along with the Earth, are going through a process called harvest. This included statements that there are many other living beings in the universe that are similar to humans but differ in body, intelligence, culture, and spiritual evolution. These beings, like humans, are referred to as mind/body/spirit complexes.
Ra's describes that individuals from other densities have incarnated on Earth to contribute to the harvest.:12.26-12.31 Ra expressed that all mind/body/spirit complexes, after being formed in third density, progress upward through the densities as they evolve spiritually, until they become one with the Creator at the end of seventh density. This evolution is accomplished in a series of incarnations into a body, within third and fourth densities. The physical body was no longer necessary in higher densities.
In order to progress from third density to fourth density, individuals must make a choice between service to others or service to self: or, in ordinary language, between altruism and selfishness. The purpose of third density is to make this choice. The purpose of experiencing the sometimes harsh environment of 3rd density, no matter which location in the universe, is in order to make this choice of service and thus progress.:16.12, 76.15
As entities evolve, they progressively balance and unblock their "energy centers" which directly correspond to the chakras. The Law of One series includes an extensive discussion of these energy centers.
- Muladhara is called red-ray.
- Svadhisthana is called orange-ray.
- Manipura is called yellow-ray.
- Anahata is called green-ray.
- Vishuddhi is called blue-ray.
- Ajna is called indigo-ray.
- Sahasrara is called violet-ray.
Additionally to this, humanity and the Earth are undergoing a transition from third density to fourth density. This transition is linked to a process called harvest. This involves a "quantum leap" within our physical reality, said to occur approximately 30 years from the time of the 1981 Ra dialogues. One of the dialogues mentions a general time frame of 100 to 700 years for "transition on Earth from third density to fourth density".
Moral choices are discussed through the concept of polarity. Ra explains that there are two polarities: service to self, and service to others. These two polarities approximately relate to the everyday concepts known as evil and good, or selfishness and altruism.
"Service to Others" is described in terms of an energy center configuration where the green-ray center radiates out toward other beings. This results in compassion, love feelings, and acts of service toward others.
"Service to Self" is described in terms of an energy center configuration where the green-ray center is pointed mainly inward. This energy center configuration causes the entity to feel love for itself, but not for others. These feelings lead to self-serving intentions and actions, or "service to self."
Ra views the Earth as a living being that has a mind, free will, and grows over time both physically and spiritually. He explains that the Earth is currently in the process of changing from third density to a fourth density planet.:6.14–6.19
The harvest was one of the earliest allusions to the 2012 phenomenon. The book series centers around the harvest, which is described as a major spiritual and physical change that will occur on Earth, over a period of time. Each concept introduced in the series is related to the Harvest. For instance: "Wanderers" are described as 6th density beings that have chosen to incarnate into human bodies on Earth so that they may help the Harvest. New York Times bestselling author David Wilcock has cited The Law of One series as seminal in the formation of his understanding of the nature of reality as well as the cause and drive for higher understanding within the metaphysical community.
The Mayans have described the 2012 phenomenon as a Western invention that has no relation to authentic Mayan beliefs. Instead, the 2012 phenomenon has roots primarily in New Age spirituality. The Law of One however, stands separate, teaching balance and wisdom, without sensationalist dates. It has been described as "the most widely cited set of channeled materials.", it was seminal in the development of New Age spirituality towards more expansive views of the nature of reality and today it stands as a testament to high quality channeling! Indeed as one professor described it being "akin to a Ph.D. dissertation on epistemology." The spiritual concepts within the Law of One, such as polarity, spiritual evolution through densities, and wanderers have all added enormously to the understanding of human spiritual "evolution" through space/time-time/space. And granted any seeker of deepest and most profound truths an unprecedented starting point.
- Library of Congress. http://lccn.loc.gov/82012967
- Newton, Peter. "Are You Seeking the Light or Just Dancing With the Dark?".
- Valerian, Valdamar (1994). Matrix IV : The Equivideum (IV). Leading Edge Research. ISBN B008OJ2T5I Check
- Greenfield, Allen. SECRET CIPHER of the UFOnauts. ISBN 978-1411667594.
- Mandelker, Scott (2000). From Elsewhere: Being E.T. in America. Citadel Press. ISBN 978-1559723046.
- Elkins, Don (1984). The Ra Material: An Ancient Astronaut Speaks (The Law of One , No 1). The Law of One I. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0898652604.
- Rueckert, Carla L (1987). A Channeling Handbook. ISBN 978-0945007074.
- Topper, Michael. "BOOK REVIEW: A Channeler's Handbook by Carla L. Rueckert".
- Wilcock, David (2012). The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies. Plume. ISBN 0-525-95204-7.
- Knight-Jadczyk, Laura. The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive. ISBN 978-1897244364.
- Ra (1982). The Law of One: Book II (Law of One) (Bk. 2). The Law of One II. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608094.
- Ra (1982). The Law of One, Book Three : By Ra an Humble Messenger (Bk. 3). The Law of One III. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608087.
- Ra (1991). Law of One, Book IV. The Law of One IV. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608100.
- McCarty, James Allen (2000). The Law of One Book V: Personal Material - Fragments Omitted from the First Four Books. The Law of One V. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608216.
- Andrew Ross (1991). Strange Weather: Culture, Science, and Technology in the Age of Limits. Verso. pp. 39–. ISBN 978-0-86091-567-6. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "The Law of One Session 1". lawofone.info. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Koven, Jean-Claude (2004). Going Deeper. Prism House Press. ISBN 978-0972395458.
- Tyman, Stephen. A Fool's Phenomenology: Archetypes of Spiritual Evolution. ISBN 978-0761833567.
- Wicherink, Jan (2008). Souls of Distortion Awakening: A convergence of science and spirituality. Piramidions. ISBN 978-90-813047-2-6.
- Wyllie, Timothy. "Into the Still Center".
- Cook, Richard C (2013). Return of the Aeons: The Planetary Spiritual Ascension. CreateSpace. ISBN 978-1479364268.
- Gnosis (1995). The Inner Planes. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions. Gnosis 36. Gnosis.
- Brodsky, Barbara. The Aaron/Q'uo Dialogues: An Extraordinary Conversation Between Two Spiritual Guides. ISBN 1556439954.
- Rueckert, Carla L. A Wanderer's Handbook. ISBN 978-0945007166.
- Beachy, Marcia. This Divine Classroom: Earth School and the Psychology of the Soul. ISBN 978-1418482824.
- Mandelker, Scott. Universal Vision: Soul Evolution and the Cosmic Plan. ISBN 978-0970198501.
- Bishop, Kitty. The Tao of Mermaids: Unlocking the Universal Code With the Angels and Mermaids. ISBN 978-1452500645.
- [Arthur]. With the Tongues of Men and Angels: A Study of Channelingl. Holt Rinehart and Winston (March 1991). p. 60. ISBN 9780030471643.
- Last, Walter. "The Spiritual Path".
- Redfield, Dana. The ET-human link. ISBN 978-1571742056.
- Free, Wynn (2004). The Reincarnation of Edgar Cayce?. Frog Books. ISBN 978-1583940839.
- Rueckert, Carla L. Living the Law of One - 101: The Choice. ISBN 0945007213.
- "The Law of One, Energy Centers". Lawofone.info. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Schlemmer, Phyllis (1994). The Only Planet of Choice: Essential Briefings from Deep Space. Gateway Books. ISBN 1858600235.
- "Law of One and 2012: The Facts!". divinecosmos.com. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- "The Law of One Session 40". lawofone.info. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Frazier, Wade. "Serving Ourselves and Serving Others".
- Thomas, Nick (2012). Eh na?: An inquiry into the relationship between rationality any mysticism. White Crane Publishing.