The Law of One
|Part of a series on|
|Part of a series of articles on|
The Law of One, also known as the The Ra Material, is a series of five philosophical monographs published between 1982 and 1998 by Schiffer Books. Authored by a non-human intelligence named Ra through the process of channeling. Don Elkins acted as the questioner, Jim McCarty as the scribe and Carla L. Rueckert as the channel for Ra. The 5 book series presents both commentary and full transcripts of the dialogue between the questioner and Ra, who is described as an entity composed of an entire civilization of extraterrestrial beings that are fused into one unified consciousness. 
The introduction to the first book explains that the questioner is Don Elkins and that Ra is a higher density being, a sixth density lifeform to be exact, speaking through the body of channeler Carla L. Rueckert.
Carla L. Rueckert transmitted the material by entering into a non-conscious state (which the authors call an "unconscious trance") where she became a communication channel or "instrument" for Ra to utilize in order for them to communicate to our level of reality and answer the questions posed by Don Elkins. The answers were interpreted to be direct communications with Ra, which is in line with standard views on channeling. The books are written in a question and answer format. The dialogue between Don Elkins and Ra was recorded, transcribed, and edited by Jim McCarty to produce the 5 books. The material in the books conveys an elaborate and grand reality. Ultimately described as being called The Law of One or the basic principle that "all is One", that all "things" that exist are ultimately the same "essence" within many forms and configurations. The philosophy of The Law of One describes the big questions of life: why, how and where everything that exists comes from. As well as its place within the manifest Creation. The five books explore this premise in relation to many aspects of life including: philosophy, religion, spirituality, cosmology, anthropology, history, politics, physics, biology, geology, and the "paranormal".
The dialogues have been cited by sociologists to be a convergence of "ufology" and "trance channeling", where a human channeler is said to be aligned with or in harmony with Ra, thus being able to act as a "receiver" for the "vibrations"(in this case: knowledge) emitted by the 6th density intelligence. The material describes, that Ra is a highly advanced race of "extraterrestrials" who once visited ancient Egypt and assisted with construction of the pyramids.
In these books Don Elkins, a Ph.D. physicist, university professor and airline pilot found the apex of his lifetime of research into the UFO phenomenon through telepathic contact with extraterrestrial intelligence.
For twenty years he had been working with various gifted individuals who would go into trance and speak on behalf of these higher intelligences. And time after time, Dr. Elkins would ask them the most difficult, challenging questions coming from the forefront of his research into advanced physics, and he would get the answers.
These answers were repeatedly coming from those who had no knowledge of these things while awake. It was at the end of this twenty-year period that Elkins’ work with Carla Rueckert, broke through to a much more substantial level.
This breakthrough was directly precipitated by the arrival of Jim McCarty, who thought that he was coming to help Don and Carla catalog, categorize and organize the volumes of material that they had already produced. Instead, something totally unexpected happened.
They attracted a true heavy-hitter of the higher realms, perhaps the main group responsible for our care: a huge spiritual group of entities, that called itself Ra, and said that they were from the sixth density level of spiritual evolution, millions upon millions of years more advanced than modern humanity.
The words and concepts were highly sophisticated and precise, unlike any other type of channeled material ever seen, and were referred to by one professor as "akin to a Ph.D. dissertation on epistemology."
As soon as Ra began speaking, they made it clear that this was the first time that they had been able to get through an undistorted series of messages in thousands of years of human history.
Within The Law of One, "The Creator" is not described as an external entity, as Earthly religious texts present in order for men to understand. Instead, "The Creator" is rather an all pervasive intelligent energy, that is both within everything that exists and without, thus the indivisible oneness, that the philosophy describes. Underlying the perception of separation, utilized for learning, is an indivisible oneness.
The Law of One states that this universe, one of many, was created by the One Infinite Creator—out of itself—by distorting its energy into the parts of existence called "distortions". The process occurred one distortion at a time, in a specific order.:16.12, 76.15
- The first distortion created by the Creator is called Free Will
- The second is Love
- And the third is Light.
As Ra uses the word, the distortion of "Light" can be taken to mean: energy/matter and knowledge/wisdom.
Ra describes each galaxy as a creation of an intelligence called a Logos.:28.7 The Logos create many sub-Logoi, ie: star systems (stars and planets). One sub-Logos would be our Sun, for example. Another would be our planet Earth, another, planet Venus, Jupiter and so on and so forth. :54.7 The sub-Logoi, in turn, create sub-sub-Logoi. Human beings are an example of sub-sub-Logoi.:29.7 Each Logos, sub-Logos, and sub-sub-Logos is a microcosm of the Creator. The Logos created seven levels of progression for spiritual evolution and Ra has called each of these levels a density.
Even more importantly, this cosmology is not simply in the realm of lofty speculation - for all intents and purposes, Ra was systematically teaching Dr. Elkins about a whole new form of physics, a new form of understanding the way that the Universe functions, rooted in compassion, harmony and wisdom.
Commentators have interpreted densities in a variety of ways. Some have described it as a "dimension" as in "a higher dimension of experiential reality." A density differs markedly from the Cartesian notion of dimension. But the description of a density as a dimension, as utilized in other sources is problematic, especially due to the fact that the books have occasionally used the term "dimension" interchangeably with density.
Some have described it as a physical concept in addition to a non-physical concept, while others describe it as entirely non-physical. In any case, all commentators agree that different densities are associated with different levels/forms of consciousness and different phenomenological ways of being.
- The first density is the density of the elements (Earth, Water, Air, Fire) (In scientific terms: solids, liquids, gases and plasma).:13.16
- The second density is the density of organic life: plants, animals, bacteria, etc.:9.13
- The third density is the density which human beings inhabit. It is the density of self-awareness. It is also the density of duality, through which the individual chooses their polarity of service.
- The fourth density is the density of love or understanding. And like all subsequent densities, is inhabited by mind/body/spirit complexes of a higher level of spiritual evolution than human beings on present day Earth.
- The fifth density is the density of light or wisdom. Wherein long and deep contemplation and introspection are practiced so that one's own wisdom may spring forth and the entity may become refined to an even higher degree.
- The sixth density is the density of unity consciousness, where love and wisdom are united and where all other polarities are united. In Earth history it is from this density that "archangels" come from, as described in various texts.
- The seventh density is the gateway density, the last density before mind/body/spirit complexes merge back into the Creator.:16.19
- The eighth density is the beginning of the next octave. Where the journey begins again.:28.14
Ra tells us that humans are composed of a mind, a body, and a spirit, and therefore would refer to an individual human as a "mind/body/spirit complex". Ra says that humans, along with the Earth, are going through a process called harvest. This included statements that there are many other living beings in the universe that are similar to humans but differ in body, intelligence, culture, and spiritual evolution. These beings, like humans, are referred to as mind/body/spirit complexes.
Ra describes that individuals from other densities have incarnated on Earth to contribute to the harvest.:12.26-12.31 Ra expressed that all mind/body/spirit complexes, after being formed in third density, progress upward through the densities as they evolve spiritually, until they become one with the Creator at the end of seventh density. This evolution is accomplished through incarnation into a body. Many times, until the soul has completed the lessons relevant to each density. Incarnation only occurs within 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th density. A physical body is no longer necessary beyond the end of 4th density. From 5th density and beyond, the body is purely energetic in nature.
In order to progress from third density to fourth density, individuals must make a choice between two polarities of service. Service to others or service to self: or in ordinary language, between altruism and selfishness. The purpose of third density is to make this choice. The purpose of experiencing the sometimes harsh environment of 3rd density, no matter which location in the universe, is for each soul to make this choice of service and thus progress.:16.12, 76.15
As entities evolve, they progressively balance and unblock their "energy centers" which directly correspond to the chakras. The Law of One series includes an extensive discussion of these energy centers.
- Muladhara is called red-ray.
- Svadhisthana is called orange-ray.
- Manipura is called yellow-ray.
- Anahata is called green-ray.
- Vishuddhi is called blue-ray.
- Ajna is called indigo-ray.
- Sahasrara is called violet-ray.
Additionally to this, humanity and the Earth are undergoing a transition from third density to fourth density. This transition is linked to a process called harvest. This involves a "quantum leap" within our physical reality, said to occur approximately 30 years from the time of the 1981 Ra dialogues. One of the dialogues mentions a general time frame of 100 to 700 years for "transition on Earth from third density to fourth density".
Moral choices are discussed through the concept of polarity. Ra explains that there are two polarities: service to self, and service to others. These two polarities approximately relate to the everyday concepts known as evil and good, or selfishness and altruism.
"Service to Others" is described in terms of an energy center configuration where the green-ray center radiates out toward other beings. This results in compassion, love feelings, and acts of service toward others.
"Service to Self" is described in terms of an energy center configuration where the green-ray center is pointed mainly inward. This energy center configuration causes the entity to feel love for itself, but not for others. These feelings lead to self-serving intentions and actions, or "service to self."
Ra views the Earth as a living being that has a mind, free will, and grows over time both physically and spiritually. He explains that the Earth is currently in the process of changing from third density to a fourth density planet.:6.14–6.19
Tarot & Archetypal Mind
A big part of the series covers the (intuitive) study of the local Logos' archetypes, which are highly reminiscent of the work of Carl Jung. Ra states the Tarot system originates from Ra's home planet, Venus, when Ra's civilization was at 3rd density level, long ago, and that the Major Arcana of the Tarot was used as a general referent and means of studying one's own progress. Originally, the Major Arcana was just a conglomerate of archetypal images that were supposed to be memorized. It is only later, when introduced to Sumerian and Egyptian civilizations, that the Tarot system came to get settled into the card format it is today.
The book series centers around the "harvest", which is described as a major spiritual and physical change that will occur on Earth around the year 2011. Consider year of channeling session where Harvest is mentioned whilst adding thirty years as mentioned in session #6.
6.17 Questioner: Is this inconvenience imminent within a few years? Ra: I am Ra. This inconvenience, or disharmonious vibratory complex, has begun several of your years in the past. It shall continue unabated for a period of approximately three oh, thirty , of your years.
(Editor's note: Januray 24th, 1981 + 30 = 2011)
6.18 Questioner: After this thirty-year period I am assuming we will be a fourth-dimension or fourth-density planet. Is this correct? Ra: I am Ra. This is so.
Social Memory Complex Ra, Law Of One Series, Session 6, Questions 17 & 18.
The Law of One book series has influenced many published authors, in various fields. New York Times bestselling author David Wilcock has cited The Law of One series as seminal in the formation of his understanding of the nature of reality as well as the cause and drive for higher understanding.
The work presented in the Law of One series has been reused by new age authors, who occasionally have a limited understanding of the material itself, interpreting it according to their level of consciousness. This has spawned the longstanding salute of "Love & Light" amongst newly awakening individuals, often called "New Agers".
The Law of One has been described as "the most widely cited set of channeled materials" and it has been influential in the development of spiritual concepts such as polarity, spiritual evolution through densities, and wanderers.
- Library of Congress. http://lccn.loc.gov/82012967
- Newton, Peter. "Are You Seeking the Light or Just Dancing With the Dark?".
- Greenfield, Allen. SECRET CIPHER of the UFOnauts. ISBN 978-1411667594.
- Mandelker, Scott (2000). From Elsewhere: Being E.T. in America. Citadel Press. ISBN 978-1559723046.
- Elkins, Don (1984). The Ra Material: An Ancient Astronaut Speaks (The Law of One , No 1). The Law of One I. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0898652604.
- Rueckert, Carla L (1987). A Channeling Handbook. ISBN 978-0945007074.
- Topper, Michael. "BOOK REVIEW: A Channeler's Handbook by Carla L. Rueckert".
- Wilcock, David (2012). The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies. Plume. ISBN 0-525-95204-7.
- Knight-Jadczyk, Laura. The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive. ISBN 978-1897244364.
- Ra (1982). The Law of One: Book II (Law of One) (Bk. 2). The Law of One II. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608094.
- Ra (1982). The Law of One, Book Three : By Ra an Humble Messenger (Bk. 3). The Law of One III. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608087.
- Ra (1991). Law of One, Book IV. The Law of One IV. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608100.
- McCarty, James Allen (2000). The Law of One Book V: Personal Material - Fragments Omitted from the First Four Books. The Law of One V. Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 978-0924608216.
- Andrew Ross (1991). Strange Weather: Culture, Science, and Technology in the Age of Limits. Verso. pp. 39–. ISBN 978-0-86091-567-6. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "The Law of One Session 1". lawofone.info. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Koven, Jean-Claude (2004). Going Deeper. Prism House Press. ISBN 978-0972395458.
- Tyman, Stephen. A Fool's Phenomenology: Archetypes of Spiritual Evolution. ISBN 978-0761833567.
- Wicherink, Jan (2008). Souls of Distortion Awakening: A convergence of science and spirituality. Piramidions. ISBN 978-90-813047-2-6.
- Wyllie, Timothy. "Into the Still Center".
- Cook, Richard C (2013). Return of the Aeons: The Planetary Spiritual Ascension. CreateSpace. ISBN 978-1479364268.
- Gnosis (1995). The Inner Planes. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions. Gnosis 36. Gnosis.
- Brodsky, Barbara. The Aaron/Q'uo Dialogues: An Extraordinary Conversation Between Two Spiritual Guides. ISBN 1556439954.
- Rueckert, Carla L. A Wanderer's Handbook. ISBN 978-0945007166.
- Beachy, Marcia. This Divine Classroom: Earth School and the Psychology of the Soul. ISBN 978-1418482824.
- Mandelker, Scott. Universal Vision: Soul Evolution and the Cosmic Plan. ISBN 978-0970198501.
- Bishop, Kitty. The Tao of Mermaids: Unlocking the Universal Code With the Angels and Mermaids. ISBN 978-1452500645.
- [Arthur]. With the Tongues of Men and Angels: A Study of Channelingl. Holt Rinehart and Winston (March 1991). p. 60. ISBN 9780030471643.
- Last, Walter. "The Spiritual Path".
- Redfield, Dana. The ET-human link. ISBN 978-1571742056.
- Rueckert, Carla L. Living the Law of One - 101: The Choice. ISBN 0945007213.
- "The Law of One, Energy Centers". Lawofone.info. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- Schlemmer, Phyllis (1994). The Only Planet of Choice: Essential Briefings from Deep Space. Gateway Books. ISBN 1858600235.
- "Law of One and 2012: The Facts!". divinecosmos.com. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- "The Law of One Session 40". lawofone.info. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
- Frazier, Wade. "Serving Ourselves and Serving Others".
- Tarot According to the Law of One. http://www.thirddensity.com/tarot/
- The Coice, Tarot according to the Law of One. http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=Tarot&su=The+Choice#The+Choice
- Thomas, Nick (2012). Eh na?: An inquiry into the relationship between rationality any mysticism. White Crane Publishing.