|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (October 2013)|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Members||John Fanning, Lis Rubard, Jon Alvarez, Dan Desloover|
The Loom is a Brooklyn-based indie rock band. Formed in New York City in 2006, the band consists of members playing a variety of instruments including guitars, mandolin, French horn, trumpet, banjo, ukelele, percussion, keyboards, and male/female vocals.
The band released their debut EP "At Last Light" in 2008 and subsequently went on tour and played Pop Montreal and CMJ Music Festivals. In early 2010 they completed their first full-length album entitled "Teeth", recorded at Maverick Studios in Chinatown, New York, with producer Allen Farmelo and mastered at Masterdisk Studios, with album artwork by Asthmatic Kitty artist DM Stith.
The Loom played 8 shows at SXSW Music Fest 2010, including the Muzzle of Bees Backyard Barbecue with Rural Alberta Advantage, The Love Language, and others. They were featured in Paste Magazine's "Best of What's Next", and of their live show The New Yorker said, "The beloved Loom...have lately been guiding their chamber-folk sound to decidedly louder sonic territory." 
In summer and fall of 2010 they toured the Midwest, east coast, and southern US as well as Canada, including CMJ and SXSW Music Festivals. They were called "The Next Big Thing" by the New York Times.
The Loom released their first full-length album, "Teeth", on November 1, 2011 on Crossbill Records. The single "For the Hooves that Gallop, And the Heels that March" debuted on NPR with their first music video. The Loom went on an album release tour in fall 2011 in the eastern half of the US, and they are continuing to tour in spring 2012 including the west coast and SXSW as well as other music festivals.
- At Last Light (2008)
- Teeth (2011)
- "Is 2009 The Year for Chamber Pop?Is 2009 The Year for Chamber Pop?". Nypress.com. 2009-01-07. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "The fruits of the Loom - The Boston Globe". Boston.com. 2008-10-03. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "BV Loft during CMJ 2009 -pics (Love Language, D&D, Local Natives, The Loom, Inlets, Blacklist, Immaculate Machine)". Brooklynvegan.com. 2009-11-05. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- Posted by Chris (2010-02-08). "TSRE Wonders: Exclusive Interview with The Loom". The Stu Reid Experiment. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Review: Muzzle of Bees Backyard BBQ (SXSW)". Muzzle of Bees. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Best of What's Next: The Loom :: Music :: Features :: Paste". Pastemagazine.com. 2010-06-03. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Night Life". The New Yorker. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Blog Archive » The Loom: October 10, 2010 Backyard Brunch Sessions – FLAC and MP3 Downloads + Streaming Song". nyctaper. 2010-10-17. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- Sisario, Ben (2010-10-14). "What Should I Do at CMJ? - Graphic". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Exclusive stream: Brooklyn band The Loom sends off 2011 with "Auld Lang Syne"". AV Club. 2011-12-27. Retrieved 2011-12-31.