The Story of Luke
|The Story Of Luke|
|Directed by||Alonso Mayo|
|Produced by||Julien Favre
|Written by||Alonso Mayo|
|Starring||Lou Taylor Pucci
|Music by||Mateo Messina|
|Editing by||Vikash Patel|
|Distributed by||Gravitas Ventures|
|Running time||95 minutes|
The Story Of Luke is a 2012 American comedy about autism written and directed by Alonso Mayo, produced by DViant Films and Fluid Film. It won several prizes including Best Film at San Diego Film Festival in October 2012. It was released during the national autism awareness month.
Luke is a young man with autism, abandoned by his mother and sheltered by his grandparents. When his grandmother dies, he is forced to move to his disfunctional relatives Paul and Cindy, while the grandfather is admitted to a facility, where he dies shortly afterwards. The last words that his grandfather had the opportunity to tell him, that is he is now a man and must live his own life, have a strong impact on the boy, who decides, despite the challenges faced by his condition, to try to get a job and a girlfriend. After consulting a temp agency unsuccessfully, he is directed to a company that could help him, the Smile. The owner, in fact, has an autistic son who works for him, Zack, supervisor of the new apprentices. Luke is then hired as an apprentice and able to adapt. His resourcefulness and willingness to want to ask out a girl known to the Agency hits Zack, who decides to try to help him, and helping himself at the same time. Zack is, in fact, to accompany him when he decides to meet his mother. Despite the disappointment suffered by the brief meeting with his mother, his optimistic vision of their own future does not change.
- Lou Taylor Pucci as Luke
- Seth Green as Zack
- Cary Elwes as Paul
- Kristin Bauer as Cindy
- Kenneth Welsh as Jonas
- Tyler Stentiford as Brad
- Mackenzie Munro as Megan
Awards and nominations
- San Luis Obispo International Film Festival (6–10 March 2013)
- Festivus film festival (20–24 February 2013)
- Best film
- SF Indiefest (7–21 February 2013)
- Audience Awards : Narrative Feature
- Irvine International Film Festival (17–27 January 2013)
- St Augustine Film Festival (17–20 January 2013)
- Best film
- Fort Lauderdale Film Festival (9 October - 11 November 2012)
- Audience Award
- "Seth Green On ‘The Story of Luke,’ Autism, ‘Star Wars’ & More". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Winners & Happenings at the 2013 Phoenix Film Festival!". Phoenix Film Festival. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "GSFF 2013 Winners". Garden State Film Festival. 7 April 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "'Chameleon' John Hawkes wins King Vidor award at SLO film fest". The Tribune. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "San Luis Obispo International Film Festival…where movies matter!". San Luis Obispo International Film Festival. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Arts news and notes: Omaha Film Fest hands out awards". Omaha.com. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Archive". Omaha Film Festival. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "And the 2013 Winners are…". Green Bay Film Festival. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Congratulations to this year’s Award Winners!". SF Indiefest. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "IRVINE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2013 WINNERS". Irvine International Film Festival. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "THE STORY OF LUKE TAKES TOP PRIZE AT SAN DIEGO FILM FESTIVAL". UT San Diego. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Past Award Winners". San Diego Film Festival. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "2012 San Diego Film Festival Announces Awards". Sandiegoville. Retrieved 4 Oct 2012.
- "BIFF 2012 Competition Winners Announced". Bahamas International Film Festival. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Official website
- The Story Of Luke at the Internet Movie Database
- The Story Of Luke at allmovie
- The Story Of Luke at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a 2000s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|