|Directed by||Robert Lieberman|
|Produced by||Mark Burg
|Written by||Marek Posival|
|Music by||Jeff Rona|
|Cinematography||Peter F. Woeste|
|Editing by||Rye Dahlman|
Twisted Light Productions
|Distributed by||VVS Films|
The film tells the story of a couple whose life is broken when a serial killer kidnaps, tortures and kills their only son. The wife blames her husband. In order to obtain revenge, the couple kidnap and torture the serial killer, but then have to deal with the stress of torturing him.
- Chelah Horsdal as Liane Strader
- Erika Christensen as Elise
- Jesse Metcalfe as Craig
- Bill Moseley as Kozlowski
- Aaron Pearl as Father
- Viv Leacock as Officer Patterson
- Yee Jee Tsoa as Dr. Scanlan
- Darryl Scheelar as Officer Alvarez
- Thomas Greenwood as Ben
- Peter Abrams as Judge Stanley
- Stephen Millera as Dr. Locke
- Donita Dyer as Mrs. Holden
The Twisted Pictures film features Erika Christensen, Bill Moseley, and Jesse Metcalfe in the leads. It is based on the screenplay, "Act of Redress", by Czech screenwriter, Marek Posival, and was directed by Rob Lieberman.
The scenes involving the fictional "Paz Fuels" truck stop were shot in Langley, British Columbia, while the others scenes were filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia. Mark Burg, Oren Koules, Carl Mazzocone and Marek Posival produced the film for Twisted Light Productions. Minor roles are played by Zak Santiago, Lynn Colliar, Chelah Horsdal, and Fulvio Cecere. The role of Kozlowski was to originally be played by Charlie Sheen, but Sheen left the project on June 30, 2008.
Eclectic Film Sales released the film on November 8, 2009 over the American Film Market. It had its premiere as part of the 2010 FrightFest. The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK on October 18, 2010. In 2012, it was released limitedly in theaters and on VOD in the US.
The Tortured received negative reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 6% approval rating, based on 17 reviews. On Metacritic, the film also has a score of 9 out of 100, based on 8 reviews. Rex Reed of The New York Observer wrote that the film is "unconvincingly written" and "awkwardly directed". Elizabeth Weitzman of New York City's Daily News wrote, "There’s really nothing here to recommend, other than bravely stalwart performances from the leads. It’s bluntly written, poorly shot and edited, and cruel without being clever."
- MrDisgusting (3). "BDTV: First Look at Twisted Pictures’ ‘The Tortured’!". Bloody Disgusting. BLOODY DISGUSTING LLC. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- MrDisgusting (8). "AFM ’09: Promo Trailer for Twisted Pictures’ ‘The Tortured’!". Bloody Disgusting. BLOODY DISGUSTING LLC. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "AFM '09: Early Artwork Teased for 'The Tortured'". BloodyDisgusting.
- "Bloody Disgusting TV Episode 12 – On the Set of 'The Tortured'". BloodyDisgusting.
- Ryan Turek (15). "Where is Twisted Pictures' Tortured?". Shock till You Drop. Evolve Media Corp. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- IMDb (1990–2012). "Full cast and crew for The Tortured (2010)". IMDb. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Sheen Out, Christensen In For Untitled Twisted Pictures Project". BloodyDisgusting.
- "Twisted Pictures Project Is '"Tortured"". Oh My Gore!.
- "A Second Promo Trailer for The Tortured". Shock Til You Drop.
- "FrightFest '10: Moseley On the Run In New 'The Tortured' Image". BloodyDisgusting.
- The Tortured at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Tortured at Metacritic
- Rex Reed (June 13, 2012). "The Tortured Leaves Audience Past Pain Threshold". The New York Observer. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- Elizabeth Weitzman (June 14, 2012). "Movie Review: 'The Tortured'". Daily News. Retrieved September 8, 2012.