Theodore Roosevelt High School (San Antonio)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
|Roosevelt High School|
|5110 Walzem Road
San Antonio, Texas 78218
|School type||Public, High School|
|Motto||"Qui Plantavit Curabit"|
|School district||North East ISD|
|Principal||Melvin C. Echard Sr.|
|Color(s)||Red, White & Blue|
|Newspaper||'The Big Stick'|
|Feeder schools||General Walter Krueger Middle School
Edward H. White Middle School
|Athletic conferences||5A Division I|
Theodore Roosevelt High School is a high school in San Antonio, Texas. A part of the North East Independent School District, the school serves portions of San Antonio and the City of Windcrest. It first opened for classes in 1966, funded by a 1960 school district bond that also established Churchill High School and the Blossom Athletic Center.
Roosevelt is host to two magnet programs:
- Design and Technology Academy
- Engineering & Technologies Academy
Design and Technology Academy
The Design and Technology Academy (DATA), located on the campus of the school, has approximately 480 students from grades 9 to 12. It was opened in the fall semester of 1999 for the 1999-2000 school year (with its first graduating class in 2002, and first full-four year graduating class in 2003). DATA is a magnet school which specializes in engineering, architecture, web/graphic design, programming and multimedia.
- Jeff Smisek, President and CEO United Airlines
- William H. McRaven, the commander of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) and known for running the operation to kill Osama Bin Laden.
- Bruce McGill, actor (Bruce graduated from Mac Arthur HS, also in NEISD, in 1968)
- Scott Coolbaugh, Texas Rangers, San Diego Padres and St. Louis Cardinals player.
- Mike Coolbaugh, Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals player (now deceased)Sports Illustrated, 22 July 2007.
- Quincy Butler, Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams player
- Quintin Demps, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans, and Kansas City Chiefs player
- Greg O'Connor, film and television composer, songwriter and record producer
- "Zoning Map of the City of Windcrest." City of Windcrest. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "Roosevelt High School" Map. North East Independent School District. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "Blossom paved way for district's 50 years of athletic success". San Antonio Express News.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)
- "DATA Home". Neisd.net. Retrieved 2013-01-22.