This Ain't Nothin'
|"This Ain't Nothin'"|
|Single by Craig Morgan|
|from the album That's Why|
|Released||January 25, 2010|
Kerry Kurt Phillips
|Craig Morgan singles chronology|
"This Ain't Nothin" is a song written by Chris DuBois and Kerry Kurt Phillips, and recorded by American country music artist Craig Morgan. It was released in January 2010 as the fourth single from his album That's Why. It is only available on later presses of the album. The song entered the top 40 on the U.S. country charts on February 2, 2010. It is his seventeenth single release.
When a reporter asks an old man about the tornado that has just destroyed his home, the man recounts some of the people he has lost during his life – a father, a brother, a best friend, his left hand, and, most recently, his wife of fifty years – and explains that losing a measly house “ain’t nothin’” by comparison. Unlike his deep-down emotional bruises, the rubble in which he stands “ain’t nothin’ time won’t erase” and “ain’t nothin’ money can’t replace.”
The song was met with mainly positive reviews. CM Wilcox of The 9513 gave the song a thumbs-up rating. He described it as "almost certainly one of the bleakest songs we’ll hear this year." Wilcox also said that "it’s hard to imagine radio embracing it, but you’ve got to respect Morgan for having the gall to give them the chance". He also described the song as "a heartfelt number delivered in an unabashedly country style, complete with fairly prominent fiddle and steel throughout."  Matt Bjorke of Roughstock also gave the song a favorable review. He said that it was "a sweet song about the human condition and how we manage to adjust and pull ourselves up from our bootstraps, despite how bad things may seem." Bjorke also said that Morgan truly shines on these types of songs and that it deserves to be a big hit.
The music video was directed by Steven L. Weaver and premiered in early 2010.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||13|
|US Billboard Hot 100||83|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||49|
- Wilcox, CM (2010-01-15). "Craig Morgan – "This Ain't Nothin'"". The 9513. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- Bjorke, Matt (2010-01-22). "Craig Morgan – "This Ain't Nothin'"". Roughstock. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- "This Ain't Nothin' - Craig Morgan". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Craig Morgan Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Craig Morgan.
- "Craig Morgan Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Craig Morgan.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.