|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 17th district
|Preceded by||Maureen O'Connell|
April 28, 1971 |
Oceanside, New York
|Residence||East Meadow, New York|
|Alma mater||Hofstra University
Hofstra Law School
McKevitt was born in East Meadow, New York and is a lifetime resident of Nassau County. He received a B.A from Hofstra University, where he graduated summa cum laude in 1993. McKevitt earned his Juris Doctor from the Hofstra Law School in 1996. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Formerly the Deputy Attorney for Hempstead, New York, as well as a staffer for former Senator Alfonse D'Amato and State Senator Kemp Hannon, McKevitt was chosen in a special election held on February 28, 2006 to replace outgoing Assemblywoman Maureen O'Connell, who is now the Nassau County Clerk.
Election results 
- "State Assembly: Thomas McKevitt Jr. (R-C-I), District 17". GovBuddy.com. Archived from the original on February 27, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- "WEDDINGS; Samantha McGill, Thomas McKevitt". The New York Times. July 8, 2001. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- "Tom McKevitt: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- "Attorney Profiles: Thomas McKevitt". Sahn Ward Coschignano & Baker PLLC. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- "Class Notes". Hofstra Magazine. Hofstra University. Fall 2006. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- "Special Election Results, 17th Assembly District: February 28, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 7, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 14, 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 4, 2008. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2010. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- New York State Assembly Member Website
- McKevitt and Zahid Vie for 17th Assembly Seat
- Civil Rights Actions and Zoning Decisions
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 17th District