|54th Indiana State Auditor|
January 1, 2007 – August 13, 2013
|Preceded by||Connie Kay Nass|
|Succeeded by||Dwayne Sawyer|
|52nd Indiana State Treasurer|
February 10, 1999 – January 1, 2007
|Preceded by||Joyce Brinkman|
|Succeeded by||Richard Mourdock|
August 1, 1961 |
Fort Wayne, Indiana
|Alma mater||Indiana University Bloomington, Bowling Green State University|
Timothy J. Berry (born August 1, 1961) is an American politician who served as the State Auditor of Indiana from 2007 to 2013, resigning the post to become Chairman of the Indiana Republican Party. Berry has also previously served as the State Treasurer of Indiana from 1999 to 2007.
Education and early career
Born in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Berry graduated from Wayne High School in 1980. Berry received his Bachelor of Business Administration from Bowling Green State University, and his Master of Business Administration from the Indiana University School of Business.
Berry was elected Treasurer of Allen County, Indiana in 1990, being reelected to a total of two terms, serving in that position until 1999. During his time as Allen County Treasurer, Berry served as the President of the Indiana Association of County Treasurers in 1995.
Berry served as State Treasurer between 1999 and 2007.
He has served in the position of Indiana State Auditor since January 1, 2007. He was re-elected in 2010 against Sam Locke by a large margin. He resigned the post effective August 13, 2013, after having become Chairman of the Indiana Republican Party.
- "Auditor of State Tim Berry: Biography". Archived from the original on March 10, 2013.
- Project Vote Smart. "Auditor Tim Berry's Biography". votesmart.org.
- "Indiana Treasurer Tim Berry's Annual Report 1999" (PDF). in.gov. 1999.
- "Indiana State Auditor: Tim Berry". newsandtribune.com. October 25, 2006.
- "Tim Berry resigns as Indiana State Auditor". Indiana Talks. August 14, 2013. Archived from the original on August 26, 2013.