Tim Phillips (political strategist)
|Occupation||President of Americans for Prosperity|
Phillips grew up in Spartanburg, SC. After briefly attending Liberty University in the fall, 1983, he went to Washington DC as part of a school sponsored internship with the Department of Education, thus beginning his political career. After a brief courtship with fellow intern, Julia Reider Phillips, the two were married and now have four children including twin boys and one daughter. They have been married 26 years.
He completed his education in 1985 as a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Virginia Tech, graduating magna cum laude with a BA in Political Science. Phillips is active in the youth ministry at his church, Cornerstone Chapel, Leesburg, VA and is an outspoken fan of the National Football League.
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) under Phillip's leadership
Under Tim Phillips AFP has seen rapid growth in the last 6 years, its membership going from 9 state chapters in 2006, to 50 state chapters and almost 2 million members currently.
- "Tim Phillips". Americans for Prosperity. August 23, 2012.
- Zernike, Kate (October 19, 2010). "Secretive Republican Donors Are Planning Ahead". New York Times.
- "Phi Beta Kappa Society". NNDB. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- "Timothy R. Phillips". Century Strategies. Archived from the original on 2004-06-03.
- "Youth Ministries: High School". Cornerstone Chapel. Retrieved 2012-06-08.[dead link]
- AFP President Tim Phillips on Hannity's Great American Panel on YouTube