From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A time scale specifies divisions of time.
- Time standard, a specification of either the rate at which time passes, or points in time, or both
- Duration (disambiguation), a quantity of time
- Geological time scale, a scale that divides up the history of Earth into scientifically meaningful periods
- In astronomy and astrophysics:
- Dynamical time scale either (in stellar physics) measures the length of time over which changes in one part of a body can be communicated to the rest of that body, or (in celestial mechanics) is a realization of a time-like argument based on a dynamical theory
- Nuclear time scale, estimates the lifetime of a star based solely on its rate of fuel consumption
- Thermal time scale, estimates the lifetime of a star once its fuel reserves at its center are used up or if they were to disappear
- In cosmology and particle physics:
- Planck time, the time scale beneath which quantum effects are comparable in significance to gravitational effects
- In mathematics:
- Time scale calculus, the unification of the theory of difference equations with differential equations
- In music:
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.