Tom Wheare was educated at the Dragon School and Magdalen College School in Oxford. He then went on to King's College Cambridge (gaining an exhibition, studying History, and singing in the College Choir) and Christ Church, Oxford (studying Education for a Dip.Ed. and acting as a lay clerk in the Christ Church Cathedral Choir).
Tom Wheare was an active member of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference (HMC), serving as Treasurer from 1993 to 1999, and Chairman in 2000. He has been a governor of a number of schools over the years, including Blackheath High School, the Dragon School, Exeter School, and Port Regis School. He has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Association of Governing Bodies of Independent Schools (AGBIS).
- Tom Wheare, Girls' Day School Trust.
- Tom Wheare: ZoomInfo Business People Information, ZoomInfo.
- Buffalo Bulletin, Autumn 2003.
- About Bryanston — History, Bryanston School.
- Holdsworth, Angela (ed.), Bryanston Reflections: Et nova et vetera. London: Third Millennium Publishing, 2005. ISBN 1-903942-38-1.
- Wheare, T.D. (ed.), Which School? 2008, John Catt Educational Ltd, 2007. ISBN 978-1-904724-43-8.
- Wheare, T.D. (ed.), Which School? 2009, John Catt Educational Ltd, 2008.
|Head of Bryanston School
|This English biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|