|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
Poker and betting
Bloom made a name for himself as a successful sports bettor and property investor. His nickname, The Lizard, is an alias given to him by an old friend, who claimed he had alligator blood.
He appeared in the Late Night Poker television series and also has a final table appearance on the World Poker Tour. Tony also made back-to-back final table appearances in the first two Poker Million events. His first major win came in January 2004 when he won the Australasian Poker Championship in Melbourne, collecting a first prize of around A$420,000($320,000, £180,000)).
He also had a fourth place finish in the 2005 World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions. After being eliminated, Phil Hellmuth, Jr. told him of the "great respect" he had for Bloom's game.
As of 2008, his total live tournament winnings exceed $1,500,000. Bloom won A$600,000 for his second place finish in the High Rollers Challenge, event 8 of the Australian Poker Millions tournament held in Melbourne in Jan 2009.
Since 2009 Bloom has been the chairman of Football League Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion. He succeeded Dick Knight after securing a 95% shareholding in the club and investing £93 million into the development of the club's new ground, the American Express Community Stadium at Falmer.
Upon taking-over the club Bloom declared his love of the game, "I've been a football fan and a gambler since the age of about seven or eight. My interest in both developed at the same time." Bloom is a longtime fan of Brighton and his family has had a long association with the club: his uncle Ray is a director and his grandfather, Harry, was vice-chairman during the 1970s. Since becoming chairman he has appointed former Uruguay international Gus Poyet as manager and together they led Brighton to promotion from Football League One as champions in 2011.
- Tony Bloom's Player Profile and HistoryPokerpages. Retrieved 1st May 2010
- Hendon Mob DatabaseThe Hendon Mob. Retrieved 26th May 2011
- Stadium Funding Secured, Seagulls World, 18 May 2009. Retrieved 18 May 2009
- Prediction for 09-10 SeasonSquarefootball, 21st February 2009. Retrieved 21st February 2009
- TONY IS BLOOM-ING GOODNOTW, 16 May 2009. Retrieved 16 May 2009
- Szczepanik, Nick (22 May 2009). "'I'm no Abramovich' says new Brighton chairman". Times Online. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Szczepanik, Nick (19 May 2009). "Brighton secure £93m investment". Times Online. Retrieved 4 June 2011.