From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up trolley, trolleys, or trolly in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Trolley may refer to:
For moving goods
- Airline service trolley, a unit supplied by an air carrier for use by cabin crew inside the aircraft for transport of beverages, food and other items during a flight
- Danish trolley, a type of wheeled shelving unit used to transport goods in horticulture
- Flatbed trolley, a common form of transport in warehousing and distribution environments, for moving bulk loads
- Hand truck, an L-shaped box-moving handcart with handles at one end, wheels at the base, with a small ledge to set objects on, flat against the floor when the hand-truck is upright
- Shopping cart, a cart supplied by a shop, especially supermarkets, for use by customers inside the shop for transport of merchandise to the check-out counter during shopping. Customers can then also use the cart to transport their purchased goods to their cars
- Boat trolley, a device for launching small boats into the water.
For moving individual people
Vehicles and components
- Trolley pole, a device for drawing electricity from an overhead wire; hence:
- Trolley (horse-drawn), a goods vehicle with a platform body with four small wheels of equal size, mounted underneath it, the front two on a turntable undercarriage
- Trolley, the streetcar scale-model in the PBS children's television series Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
- Trolley (UTA station), a light rail station in the Central City neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah, United States serviced by the Red Line of the Utah Transit Authority's (UTA) TRAX light rail system
- Trolley Gallery, a contemporary art gallery in Shoreditch, east London, which emerged independently and alongside the already established Trolley Books in 2003
- Trolley Square, a partially enclosed shopping center located in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Trolley Square shooting, a mass murder that occurred on the evening of February 12, 2007, at Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Trolley park, precursors to amusement parks in the 19th century
- Trolley dodger, a pejorative term of Manhattanites for residents of Brooklyn, New York from the late 19th century to the middle of the 20th century
- Trolley Books, an independent UK publisher, specialising in art and photography books. Areas covered by Trolley include social reportage, photojournalism/current affairs and contemporary art and architecture
- Trolley Dollies, a 20-part TV documentary series aired on British digital network LIVING in 2005. It followed the lives of a number of Cabin Crew at UK charter airline Excel Airways
- Trolley Troubles, a 1927 animated short subject film, produced and directed by Walt Disney
- Trolley Wire, the magazine of the Sydney Tramway Museum at Loftus, New South Wales Australia and carries articles on tramways around the world and news from the various Australasian heritage tramways== Period == It is published quarterly
- Trolley problem, a thought experiment in ethics
- Kokomo City-Line Trolley, known as "The Trolley" by locals.
- San Diego Trolley, The name of the San Diego metropolitan area light rail transit system, operating since 1981
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.