St. Anne's Church with Tunjice in the background
|Traditional region||Upper Carniola|
|Statistical region||Central Slovenia|
|• Total||3.61 km2 (1.39 sq mi)|
|Elevation||370 m (1,210 ft)|
The parish church, dedicated to Saint Anne, stands on a hill above the settlement and is an imposing High-Baroque domed building. It was constructed on the order by Peter Pavel Glavar from 1761–66 upon the plans by the architect Lovrenc Prager.
Notable people that were born or lived in Tunjice include:
- France Stele (1886–1972), art historian and conservation specialist
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Leksikon občin kraljestev in dežel zastopanih v državnem zboru, vol. 6: Kranjsko. 1906. Vienna: C. Kr. Dvorna in Državna Tiskarna, p. 30.
- Vidrih, Rebeka. "Cerkev sv. Ane v Tunjicah". In Šmid Hribar, Mateja; Golež, Gregor; Podjed, Dan; Kladnik, Drago; Erhartič, Bojan; Pavlin, Primož; Ines, Jerele. Enciklopedija naravne in kulturne dediščine na Slovenskem – DEDI [Encyclopedia of Natural and Cultural Heritage in Slovenia] (in Slovenian). Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Slovenian Tourist Board site
- Media related to Tunjice at Wikimedia Commons
- Tunjice at Geopedia
- Tunjice Natural Health Resort site
|This article about the Municipality of Kamnik in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|