From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Turkmen, Turkoman, or turkmen in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Turkmen or Turkoman or Turkman may refer to:
- Of or relating to Turkmenistan, a country in Central Asia, specifically:
- Iraqi Turkmen, an ethnic minority living in northern Iraq
- Syrian Turks, an ethnic minority of Oghuz Turkish descent living in Syria
- Oghuz Turks, a large branch of Turkic peoples
- Historically, Muslim nomadic Oghuz Turks (the most common usage of the word "Turkmen", in the 10th–18th centuries)
- Yörüks, a semi-nomadic group in Anatolia often referred to as Turkmen in Turkey
- Iranian Turkmen, an ethnic minority of Oghuz Turkish descent living in Iran
- Karapapaks or Terekeme, an ethnic minority living in Turkey, Iran and the South Caucasus
- Turkoman horse, or Turkmene, an extinct breed of horse from Turkmenistan
- Turkoman (horse) (born 1982), proper name of an individual thoroughbred race horse
- A name for a hybrid camel
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Turkmen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.