USS United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USS United States may refer to:
- USS United States was one of the original six frigates that served from 1798 until 1865
- USS United States was a schooner commanded by Isaac Israel Hayes during a polar expedition, 1860–1.
- USS United States was a Lexington-class battlecruiser that was canceled and scrapped when the vessel was only 12 percent complete
- USS United States was an aircraft carrier canceled five days after her keel was laid down in 1949
- USS United States was the name given to the eighth Nimitz-class aircraft carrier laid down in 1993 before being changed in 1995 to Harry S. Truman.
- SS United States, a luxury passenger liner that operated from 1952 to 1969.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|