||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ULTI|
|Industry||SaaS HCM Software|
|Revenue||$332.3 million |
Ultimate Software is the developer and provider of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions for businesses. As of December 31, 2012, Ultimate reported total revenues of nearly $332.3 million.
Headquartered in Weston, FL, Ultimate Software employs more than 1,600 professionals and has more than 2,500 customers of all sizes across diverse industries.
Ultimate Software was founded in 1990 by Scott Scherr, the company’s current CEO and president. The company went public in June 1998.
 Products and services
The company's UltiPro solution is a cloud-based platform that delivers human capital management to organizations across all industries. UltiPro provides its customers with one system of record for HR, payroll, and talent management. More than 10 million person records in 144 countries are supported in Ultimate's SaaS environment.
Ultimate Software markets two software suites, primarily through direct sales teams. UltiPro Enterprise is designed for companies with 1,000 or more employees while UltiPro Workplace is designed for businesses with 200-999 employees.
- 2013: Ranked #9 on FORTUNE's annual rankings of the Best Companies to Work For
- 2012: Ranked #25 on FORTUNE's annual rankings of the Best Companies to Work For
- 2012: Ranked in the top 100 on the InformationWeek — a list of the top technology innovators among U.S. businesses
- 2012: Recognized as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in the United States
- 2012: Re-certified as a "green business" by the Institute for Green Business Certification, Inc. (IGBC)
- 2012: Achieved prestigious Service Capability & Performance (SCP) Certification (fourteenth consecutive year)
- 2011: Received Forrester Groundswell Award for achieving business and organizational goals through innovation in social technology applications
- 2011: Received SuperNova Award from Constellation Research, acknowledging organizations that have successfully applied emerging and disruptive technologies
- 2010: Achieved distinguished ISO/IEC 27001 certification for the second time
- 2010: Named Optimas Award winner by Workforce Management Magazine
- 2009: Received Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Award by THINKstragies
- 2009: Named the #1 best medium-sized company to work for in America for the second consecutive year by The Great Place to Work Institute
- 2009: Awarded First Place People’s Choice Stevie for Favorite New SaaS Product
- 2009: Received International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM) Partners Award
- 2008: Named Best Product Development Team by The American Business Awards 
- Ultimate Software Earns Green Certification from IGBC (http://www.greenbuildingpro.com/news/89-green-news/2570-ultimate-software-earns-green-certification-from-igbc)
- Service Capability & Performance (SCP) Certification (http://www.servicestrategies.com/login.aspx?id=404)
- Ultimate Software Achieves ISO/IEC 27001 Re-Certification (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/28/idUS154826+28-Jan-2011+BW20110128)
- 2010 Optimas Award Winners(http://www.workforce.com/section/optimas-awards/feature/2010-optimas-award-winners/index.html)
- THINKstrategies’ Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Awards (http://www.saas-showplace.com/ultimateswbossaward.html)
- The Great Place to Work Institute (http://www.greatplacetowork.com/what_we_do/lists-us-sme.htm)
- The American Business Awards: The Stevies 2009 (http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/press/404_2192_19915.cfm)
- International Association for Human Resources Information Management, Inc. – Partners Award 2009 (http://www.ihrim.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=428&Itemid=1)
- The American Business Awards: The Stevies 2008 (http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/awards/403_2436_17729.cfm)