|Traded as||NASDAQ: ULTI|
|Industry||SaaS HCM Software|
|Revenue||$410.4 million |
Ultimate Software is the developer and provider of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions for businesses. As of December 31, 2013, Ultimate reported total revenues of nearly $410.4 million.
Headquartered in Weston, FL, Ultimate Software employs more than 1,900 professionals and has more than 2,700 customers of all sizes across diverse industries. Its cloud-based UltiPro solution supports over 15 million users. Ultimate Software has more than 2,700 customers representing diverse industries, including Adobe Systems Incorporated, Bloomin’ Brands, Culligan International, Major League Baseball, Pep Boys, and Texas Roadhouse.
Ultimate Software was founded in 1990 by Scott Scherr, the company’s current CEO and president. The company went public in June 1998. Since 1990, Ultimate’s goal has been product excellence — the “ultimate software” for human resource and payroll professionals. The vision is simple: to deliver the most flexible, comprehensive solution for companies to strategically manage HR, payroll, benefits, time, and talent management. The company’s exclusive focus on HCM has resulted in solutions characterized by ease of use, robust built-in functionality, superior technology, low cost of ownership, and rapid activation — with a quantifiable return on investment.
Products and services
The company's UltiPro solution is a cloud-based platform that delivers human capital management to organizations across all industries. UltiPro provides its customers with one system of record for HR, payroll, and talent management. More than 15 million person records in 150 countries are supported in Ultimate's SaaS environment.
Ultimate Software markets two software suites, primarily through direct sales teams. UltiPro Enterprise Edition is designed for companies with 1,500 or more employees while UltiPro is designed for businesses with 200-1,500 employees.
Ultimate Software’s UltiPro solution is available through the SaaS model with a per-employee-per-month subscription. With Ultimate’s cloud technology, organizations receive the best of both in-house and outsourced HR and payroll advantages, including complete access to critical employee data, web portal for managers and employees, business intelligence tools for executive decision-making, and comprehensive HR, payroll, and talent management functionality — all with no additional requirements for in-house IT support. Ultimate Software provides all the hardware and solution software, houses UltiPro at a world-class data center, and performs all upgrades and maintenance for the HCM solution.
- 2014: Named the Gold Award Winner for Best Advance in Talent Technology from Brandon Hall for the UltiPro Retention Predictor
- 2014: Ranked #20 on FORTUNE's annual rankings of the Best Companies to Work For
- 2013: Named a Gold Winner in Best New Product Feature of the Year by the Best in Biz Awards for the UltiPro Retention Predictor
- 2013: Named a Leader in Nucleus Research H2 2013 Technology Value Matrix for Human Capital Management (HCM) software 
- 2013: Ranked in the top 100 on the InformationWeek — a list of the top technology innovators among U.S. businesses
- 2013: Received the highest possible rating in Constellation Research's annual Certification for the Cloud Buyer’s Bill of Rights
- 2013: Received Informatica Award for Innovation in Cloud Integration
- 2013: Ranked #9 on FORTUNE's annual rankings of the Best Companies to Work For
- 2012: Ranked in the top 100 on the InformationWeek — a list of the top technology innovators among U.S. businesses
- 2012: Recognized as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in the United States
- 2012: Re-certified as a "green business" by the Institute for Green Business Certification, Inc. (IGBC)
- 2012: Ranked #25 on FORTUNE's annual rankings of the Best Companies to Work For
- 2011: Received Forrester Groundswell Award for achieving business and organizational goals through innovation in social technology applications
- 2011: Received SuperNova Award from Constellation Research, acknowledging organizations that have successfully applied emerging and disruptive technologies
- 2010: Achieved distinguished ISO/IEC 27001 certification for the second time
- 2010: Named Optimas Award winner by Workforce Management Magazine
- 2009: Received Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Award by THINKstragies
- 2009: Named the #1 best medium-sized company to work for in America for the second consecutive year by The Great Place to Work Institute
- 2009: Awarded First Place People’s Choice Stevie for Favorite New SaaS Product
- 2009: Received International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM) Partners Award
- 2008: Named Best Product Development Team by The American Business Awards 
- Ultimate Software Earns Green Certification from IGBC (http://www.greenbuildingpro.com/news/89-green-news/2570-ultimate-software-earns-green-certification-from-igbc)
- Ultimate Software Achieves ISO/IEC 27001 Re-Certification (http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/28/idUS154826+28-Jan-2011+BW20110128)
- 2010 Optimas Award Winners(http://www.workforce.com/section/optimas-awards/feature/2010-optimas-award-winners/index.html)
- THINKstrategies’ Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Awards (http://www.saas-showplace.com/ultimateswbossaward.html)
- The Great Place to Work Institute (http://www.greatplacetowork.com/what_we_do/lists-us-sme.htm)
- The American Business Awards: The Stevies 2009 (http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/press/404_2192_19915.cfm)
- International Association for Human Resources Information Management, Inc. – Partners Award 2009 (http://www.ihrim.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=428&Itemid=1)
- The American Business Awards: The Stevies 2008 (http://www.stevieawards.com/pubs/awards/403_2436_17729.cfm)