From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up umlaut or Umlaut in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Umlaut may refer to:
- Diaeresis (diacritic), a pair of dots ( ¨ ) above a vowel, used in various languages
- Metal umlaut, the same diacritic in names of heavy metal or hard rock bands for effect
- I-mutation or umlaut, historic vowel fronting or raising in any language
- Germanic umlaut, this process in Germanic languages
- Affection (linguistics), this process in Celtic languages
- Regressive vowel harmony
- Umlaut vowel can refer to any front rounded vowel:
- Lars Umlaut, a character playable in the Guitar Hero series of music video games
- Umläut, Clinton McKinnon's experimental Australian rock band
- Umlaut (software), an open source link resolver front-end for libraries
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.