|Traded as||BMAD: UNF|
|Successor||Gas Natural Fenosa|
|Founded||Madrid, Spain (November 23, 1982 )|
|Revenue||€ 7,189 million (2008)|
|€ 1,675 million (2008)|
|€1,194 million (2008)|
Number of employees
Unión Fenosa, S.A. was a large Spanish company dedicated to the production and distribution to end users of gas and electricity.
It installed capacity of 11,120 megawatts of power and 8.9 million customers. The headquarters were in Madrid and the chairman was Pedro López Jiménez. Formerly a constituent of the IBEX 35 index, the company is a part of the Gas Natural group.
The company was founded in 1912 as Unión Eléctrica Madrileña and it traded under that name until 1970 when the name was changed to Unión Eléctrica. In 1982 it merged with Fuerza Eléctrica de Noroeste, S.A. (Fenosa) to form Unión Eléctrica Fenosa. In 2000 the name was shortened to Unión Fenosa. In 2008 the company was acquired by Gas Natural.
|Year||Production (TWh)||Emission (Gt CO2)||kg CO2/MWh|
The company had the following businesses:
- Domestic generation and marketing
- Domestic distribution
- International electrical business
- Other interests
- Indra (11%)
- "Annual Results 2008" (PDF). Unión Fenosa. Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- Quarterly Report
- Gas Natural buys on the stock market another 3% of Fenosa
- "Shareholder information". Unión Fenosa. Retrieved 2008-08-03.[dead link]
- Carlos Ruano (2008-07-30). "Gas Natural to buy ACS's 45 percent Fenosa stake". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-08-03.
- "Gas Natural to take over Union Fenosa". Power Engineering. 2008-08-01. Retrieved 2008-08-03.