|Directed by||Rich Christiano|
|Produced by||Rich Christiano
|Written by||Rich Christiano|
|Edited by||Jeffrey Lee Hollis|
|Distributed by||Five & Two Pictures
|Release dates||March 24, 2006|
|Running time||85 mins|
Unidentified is a 2006 science fiction Christian film produced by Rich Christiano and Alvin Mount. It was written and directed by Rich Christiano and stars Jonathan Aube, Josh Adamson, Michael Blain-Rozgay, Jenna Bailey, Lance Zitron, and the popular Christian pop rock musician Rebecca St. James, starring in her first film. The film deals with UFOs and how they could possibly play into the end times.
In a small Texas town, a man, while driving home on a back highway at night, claims to have encountered a UFO. Two reporters from a national magazine are sent to investigate the incident because their editor wants to publish a story on the controversial subject of UFOs. Brad (Josh Adamson) thinks UFOs are a hoax, Keith (Jonathan Aube) senses that something is out there. Each man tries to prove the other wrong.
Production and release
In May 2005, Rich Christiano wrote, co-produced, and directed the film, his second feature length movie. Dave Christiano served as story consultant. It was released in theaters in April 2006 under Five & Two Pictures. It was rated PG for thematic elements.
Reviews were negative. Joe Leyden of Variety wrote "It's not quite awful enough to qualify as camp, which may work against its finding any audience", and credited it with actors with "more sincerity than talent", but a script which "buries its one good idea". Philip Martin of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette wrote, "...the cinematic equivalent of a Jack Chick cartoon tract, a modestly artful form of proselytizing," but "one hopes the people who enjoy this sort of thing will find it."
- "Production info". ChristianFilms.com.
- "Christians in Cinema: Rich Christiano". Interview. ChristianCinema.com. December 11, 2006.
- Yo (October 30, 2006). "Unidentified" review. Hollywoodjesus.com.
- "Rating information". ChristianCinema.com.
- Leydon, Joe (October 11, 2006). "Unidentified". Variety.
- Martin, Philip (June 30, 2006). "Proselytizing vehicle seems ... uninspired". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Archived from the original on June 30, 2006. (subscription required)
- (October 25, 2006.) "'Unidentified' explores sightings." Las Cruces Sun-News (archived at Newslibrary.com). Accessed October 2011.
- (October 27, 2006.) "UFO Movie 'Unidentified' Opens." Macon Telegraph (archived at Newslibrary.com). Accessed October 2011.
- Official site
- Unidentified at the Internet Movie Database
- Unidentified at the TCM Movie Database
- Unidentified at Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Unidentified". AllMovie
- Darlington, C.J. "Rich Christiano Interview". Titletrakk.com.
- "Rich Christiano interview". Christian Cinema. December 11, 2006.
- Craigs (March 6, 2007). Unidentified full review. Epinion.com.
- "Unidentified " details. New York Times. (AllRovi)